All things Japanese

My latest bangle has turned out to look like a Japanese piece! I didn’t intend it so it was a pleasant surprise and has made me think about trying for a similar style - deliberately!

3 Likes

I have some Japanese style Stab Bindings in my new shop! The colours/fabrics are less so, but this style of bookbinding originates in China & Japan, so I think it counts. :wink:

I keep meaning to add some gorgeous chiyogami & other Japanese papers to my supplies, they’re great for bookbinding with. Those cards are glorious, @AliDufty!

5 Likes

Thank you very much @TheBumblebeeBindery :)) . Your books are very lovely too !

I love to use the Japanese papers , but I also just love to get them out and just look at them !!! :joy: I do have some papers surplus to requirements / duplicates that I am very likely de-stashing soon . Of course I will post on this forum thread when I manage that .:slight_smile:

1 Like

A handmade card with a Japanese theme from me…

Jeanie

My Japanese theme is finishing in 2 days so I’ve reduced the last 6 embroidered pictures to just £10. These will be taken out of my shop on Thursday night.
Maisy Muffin Rag Dolls

To continue with the Japanese theme, here’s a Japanese Knot Bag from Down To Earth Recycling :slight_smile:
https://folksy.com/items/7084921-Japanese-Knot-bag-

Biwa, or stick pearls, were originally cultivated in Japan’s Lake Biwa and are amazing works of art, each being an individual shape with incredible rainbow shine.

Sam x

1 Like

Not really japaneese but this is sweet kawaii style jewelry.

I also used to make sushi earrings :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a few Japanese inspired items, here is one of them:
A new home card made using Japanese paper

2 Likes

We have this cute Geisha greetings card :slight_smile:

And this OOAK Geisha Doll

2 Likes

Here’s a Geisha card that could be used for all occasions, a design that I drew myself :blush:

3 Likes

I’m in the process of listing some surplus-to-requirement yuzen papers in the ‘supplies’ section of my shop . https://folksy.com/shops/AliDufty/collections/14061-supplies-yarn-fibre-vintage-style-ribbon-vintage-buttons

Will list all by this eve , but here are a couple of these stunning papers …

2 Likes

Those are lovely Ali x

Beautiful vintage Japanese butter crepe - soft with a good drape.

My Saori Loom is Japanese and I have hand woven this cute little bag.

Best wishes Sue

1 Like

I know these originated from China but I am sure they are grown in Japan!

1 Like

Some of my Japanese yuzen paper fridge magnets …

Pretty Japanese Fabric:

1 Like