All things Japanese

I have a Japanese theme going in my shop for the next couple of weeks, as those of you who follow my Mulberry Green Stories will know and I have embroidered some Japanese doll pictures suitable for little girls’ bedrooms. I thought it might be a nice topic for the forums, as I bet a lot of you have Japanese style items that you could show everyone.

14 Likes

Not strictly Japanese but based on a Japanese design and principal.

Kokoro no Te, handmade treasures from the heart!

8 Likes

That’s beautiful Megan! x

5 Likes

Lovely thread, all these things are so pretty and a bit different. xxx

1 Like

A reminder of the Cherry Blossom celebrations in Japan…

Jeanie

2 Likes

Just listed this cushion as well, think have typed in right place this time, still getting the hang of it!

3 Likes

I made this little Japanese print dress this afternoon. I love the turquoise and red combination of the Alexander Henry fabric.

3 Likes

I went through a Japanese phase a few years back, I even tried to teach myself to speak Japanese with limited success.
I made this A4 print a while back. I love their fashions and the history of their look.

4 Likes

There’s some lovely things so far. Beautiful!

2 Likes

That’s very pretty Cheraldine x

Your Kokeshi range is soooo sweet Martine ! :slight_smile:[![]

I adore the delicious , vibrancy of the Japanese yuzen / chyogami papers . I’ve spent the last 12 years building my stash !!!:joy::joy: Here are some cards I have made with them …

9 Likes

Thank you Ali. Your cards are lovely and I know all about stashes - I have enough fabric to start a shop😧x

Thank you . Loved making it.

I love Kawaii and have this Kawaii cat face bag charm in my shop.

Elaine

4 Likes

That’s so cute! x

Keishi Pearls! The name means “poppy” in japanese and refers to pearls from cultivated mussels which form without a nucleus because the shell fish has managed to spit out the glass bead that was there to make the pearl. Now they are some of the most sought after pearls available.

Sam x

2 Likes

thank you Martine :blush:

Another of my embroidered pictures.

2 Likes