Art chat thread August 2019

Thank you @ArtilyEverCrafter! No I’ve never got into Instagram, so many thanks for including my work.

1 Like

Welcome @LJLundyAbstractArt. Love your paintings. It’s good to have so many artistic styles represented on Folksy. Good luck.

2 Likes

glad you found us @LJLundyAbstractArt …the secret to success on Folksy is to join in and chat, even if you have nothing to show.
Your art is awesome and everyone here is lovely…
If You haven’t already done it then each day, go to the “what have you listed today” thread and show your work…
Waving to everyone…wet today isn’t it !!!

1 Like

@LJLundyAbstractArt Lovely work! I particularly like the colours on the neon pieces.
Just one note, it’d be nice to see the paintings from an angle so you can see how it looks with the coloured edges too. Although you have 5 photos on your listings, they’re all the same photo just superimposed on different backgrounds, and if I were going to spend £250 on an item, I’d want to see more than one view of it.

2 Likes

@LJLundyAbstractArt I love the colours in your art work, especially Tulip.
@ArtilyEverCrafter your Folksy Friday board looks great. It’s given me another nudge that I need to give Instagram a go.

4 Likes

I’ve sold five original paintings via Instagram this year ( I send them to Folksy for the money bit). It’s definitely worth a punt.

3 Likes

well done on those Sales Chris…I still have to sort out Instagram…I have an account but can’t access it through my laptop ( I don’t have a smart phone)
today I have an acrylic painting
https://folksy.com/items/7312553-original-art-waterfall-landscape-painting-ref-F905-

2 Likes

good morning all…today I have a bargain bundle of aceos
https://folksy.com/items/7312579-SALE-Bundle-of-FOUR-aceo-watercolour-paintings-ref-F-906-

1 Like

Loving all your recent work Brenda @teabreaks.
My latest offering, a pen and wash watercolour of Polruan, Cornwall.

2 Likes

thanks Chris… @ChrisStoneArtist …I keep looking out for Doc Martin in your paintings…lol…
Wish I could draw houses and straight lines but I just don’t DO straight…lol

1 Like

I was in Port Isaac when they were filming Doc Martin one day. It was very grey and overcast, yet the sun always seems to shine in Doc Martin! Methinks there is trickery afoot.
I might be able to draw the odd line, but I don’t do straight either! :wink:

1 Like

I always say that if God intended us to be able to draw straight lines freehand, he wouldn’t have given us rulers! :grinning:

1 Like

Very true Helen. Many of the buildings I draw in Cornish harbour villages aren’t geometrically correct anyway (there were no spirit levels when they were built). Takes a bit of pressure off!

2 Likes

Ha ha Chris @ChrisStoneArtist and Helen @HelenCliffordArt that makes me feel a lot better…
I even had trouble with today’s painting…
I am trying my hand at dot Mandalas…you would think that would be easy…I even have a template to mark the lines…and STILL had a problem keeping everything straight…Me and straight just don’t gel…ha ha…
I know you are not straight Chris ha ha ha…
so here is the effort…
https://folksy.com/items/7313220-Acrylic-Dot-Mandala-painting-original-art-ref-F-907-

2 Likes

Well this looks pretty geometric to me Brenda @teabreaks! I can see you there with your protractor and compasses…

1 Like

but did you spot the mistake?..(now corrected in my shop)

Great work, Brenda @teabreaks. It’s very intricate. I don’t see any mistakes… finding a needle in a haystack might be easier.

1 Like

Hmmm … no, passed me by!

mistake is top right one dot on its own should have a dot each side of it…the original is now corrected…

1 Like

:laughing: nice to see I’m not the only one whose perfectionist tendencies impacts on their art! I couldn’t spot the issue either @teabreaks