Back to school!

This week my little girl starts school again, into Year 1 - ‘proper’ class!! (Not until Friday though I hasten to add…)

To celebrate, I thought a school themed thread could give us some creative and imaginative ways to link our crafty bits to those parents looking to mark this time of year, or for those looking to buy personalised or handmade things to put into the school bag.

So here’s my starter, something to commemorate the occasion! My teddy bear print can be embellished with school colours, to celebrate either a first year, or even maybe have a school crest added!!

I have this grumpy little schoolgirl,

2 Likes

That’s brilliant - I love it!! Very original!

I have my kindle covers :slight_smile: or bookmarks if they’re rocking it old school!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love the crazy cat lady cover!! Great for the more mature student - my five year old loved the Big Ben bookmark - she recognised it instantly!!

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Ah thank you!! :smiley: Yeah I love making quirky, fun things! I have to say as much a I love my kindle, I really like having a real book with a bookmark every now and again! Just being able to see instantly far you’ve gotten through a book, or how much there is left to go!

1 Like

That’s a great way to recycle something - I hate throwing away books, but when the insides are really tatty, you think you have no choice. So at last here is a way to reuse them!! You could have a shout out every now and then, so that people who find things in the attic etc can post them onto you!!!

1 Like