Have the Christmas lights been turned on

Where you live by your local council? Or have they put them up but not turned them on yet?

Ours where put up sometime last week and the official turning on was on Saturday.

I didn’t see them then but have seen them since and in the dark it was really nice seeing something pretty and bright.

I think the local village lights gets turned on this Saturday I might go down and have a look as they are always so pretty.

How about where you live?

Ours are going on tomorrow, I can’t wait. Shrewsbury is so pretty when it’s all lit up :smile:

Oh yes it sure it :slight_smile: I saw it once with hubbie one a day together.

1 Like

Haven’t been into town to notice but I did see them getting organised a few weeks ago so I guess they are on by now. Did you notice the candle and berries that’s gone viral on FB? Can’t remember the town but it looks very rude!

That’s good old Bournemouth LOL! They’ve had their lights in place for weeks, but I think it’s the end of the month for the light up. They’re not having an official switch on this year as last year’s was so badly organised it was chaos - glad I didn’t go!

Ferndown, just above Bournemouth, is lighting up some new areas this year. which will be a nice change - usually just the centre where the shop are is lit, and it’s the same each year and not very exciting.

1 Like

They’re putting them up in our local town, switch on is usually the first Saturday in December.

I’m in the middle of two places. Si been to two I don’t know if any of you saw it but I went to Croydon lights being switched on last Friday. It was a nightmare the fireworks went off and hot bits of fireworks rained down on us. I left pretty quickly.
It was all over the news. But may have been a regional thing.

Then in Saturday after my fair I went to Sutton lights being switched on. They are lovely.

Ours are being switched on this Friday. We’re a little town in South Derbyshire called Swadlincote and always have a big celebration and fair, affectionately known locally as Swad lights.

1 Like

oh my that’s not good, :open_mouth:

No it was really scary. A poor little girl has burns all over the back of her neck.
Lots of people got burnt.

Oh no that’s awful! Hope your little girl is ok. :disappointed:

Christmas lights are on here in Reading, unfortunately I didn’t get to see them go on this year, I shall have to pop into town and see them soon! :slight_smile:

Edinburgh Christmas Market starts on Fri…going in first week of Dec…love it its SOOO pretty! :slight_smile:

I’ve just turned mine on to brighten up the dullest of mornings whilst I witter on to all you folks out there!
( there is a set of lights round a garland draped over the dresser in the dinning room that were never taken down from last year!), so dont start panicking that you are late getting yours up, just that I am a lazy toerag!!
Suzzie x

4 Likes