Is this new?

Just come across a new(?) selling platform called handmake.me.com. Has anyone else tried it, it’s very similar to E##y but has a very interesting photoshop area where you can pimp up you product pics before listing them.
Would be interested to hear what you think.

Just had a look, 20% sales commission seems to be a lot.

I thought we weren’t supposed to discuss competitor sites on here?

1 Like

Hi Angela,

I joined handmade.me, but you have to be able to custom everything you sell, which isn’t too much of a problem for some, but not all my cufflinks are made like that, plus I’d have to charge more for all my cufflinks for the extra work. Im going to go on now and delete my shop, thanks for reminding me!

wow 20% is extortionate even that auction site that I regularly only charge 10% I wonder what they do to think they deserve that much?

1 Like

Hi Aasiyah, I agree 20% is a lot but it could be worth it if you had good sales. Right now my sales outside craft fairs are zero!

Hi Louisa,
Never heard that! It’s a free forum, I like to think we can talk about whatever we want and that includes other seller websites. I’ve certainly learned a lot from other people re. their experiences on rival sites, good and bad. x

1 Like

Hi Debbie,
Glad to be of service!

Hi Donna,
It does seem a lot but I guess it depends on the amount of sales revenue you could expect to make. At the moment my sales are zero so anything new is a chance to find an outlet where I might just hook up with the customers I’m looking for!

Actually it’s Folksy’s forum and I’m only repeating what Admin have said on other threads. Just didn’t want you to get in any trouble by breaking the forum guidelines that’s all.

2 Likes

I think Margaret is right, I’ve always thought we weren’t permitted to promote, give links or share anything from other similar sites, that’s not to say we don’t mention them just be cautious about how it’s done.

1 Like

All depends on whether you consider you are promoting the other site or just mentioning it I suppose. :smile:

1 Like

Dear All,
Have given myself a virtual rap on the knuckles!

2 Likes

This topic is now unlisted. It will no longer be displayed in any topic lists. The only way to access this topic is via direct link.