Limited Replies

Why would there be a limit to replies on Folksy businesess items? Surely as a Folksy shop owner myself I’d like to receive more than one response to my postings whether they be under showcase of new listing. Aren’t we supposed to be promoting and encouraging our fellow Folksy shop owners?

An error occurred: No more than 3 consecutive replies are allowed. Please edit your previous reply, or wait for someone to reply to you.

I think you are not allowed to put more than 3 consequtive responses. Reasonable really to avoid one person spamming a topic but I presume you were trying to do multiple responses at once, perhaps to advice given to you from several (more than 3) people.

It was for 3 different Folksy businesses. As a Folksy shop owner, surely I wouldn’t be spamming Folksy! each day I review the new topics and there are lots of them. But if there’s a limit, there’s a limit.

3 consecutive posts, in the same topic from the same profile. I had it myself when I didn’t know and tried to write separate replies. That’s why you will see lots of people tagging their responses to different shops in the same post.
No, we wouldn’t spam Folksy intentionally, but if you think about it, if I post 10 consecutive posts as replies to 10 other shops, then unintentionally I have spammed the topic. Plus, other shop owners will probably get fed up with scrolling over so many replies from 1 person. (Number 10 was just used to show how easily a busy topic can be spammed, not saying you would actually post 10 times)

2 Likes