Snowdrops anyone?

New Print today!
They are such an inspiration when they start showing the heads above the soil :slight_smile:

‘The first Snowdrops’ original linocut print.

4 Likes

Well, today my snowdrops are still blooming their socks off… but I’m looking at them through horizontal hail and a moment ago there was a roll of thunder! And the constant raw whoosh of the gale is punctuated by the pitter patter of tiny balls of ice rattling down my chimney. Brrr. I’ve just given up and put the central heating on.

Just as well, despite their apparent fragility, snowdrops are as tough as old boots!

What’s the weird weather doing down your way? Has anyone got actual snow to go with their snowdrops?

Best wishes,

Chris :grinning:

Down here in Cornwall I have had snowdrops for a couple of weeks and now some lovely yellow primroses too!

1 Like

I have seen snowdrops this week here in Cheshire :slight_smile:

Just starting snowing here not sticking though it’s been hail stoning and raining for 3 days :grinning:

Where in the country are you?

It’s bitterly cold here in Cambridge. The skies are getting darker by the second but it’s raining not snowing. My kids are going to be seriously dischuffed! :wink:

Snowdrops are my all time favourite flower and we’ve just got 2 up in our garden in Newcastle, thankfully they haven’t been nibbled by our free range rabbit yet!!

Do bunnies like eating snowdrops? I had an idea that they’re toxic… although I could be confusing them with daffs. (which are).

OOh hello, I have no idea !! It’d be kinda good if they are bunny resistant at least I’ll have a few bulbs flowering this spring, He’s eaten pretty much everything else in the garden!!

My (7) ferrets would soon sort the problem for you! Lol! :wink:

No, but seriously, I don’t think they would. They’ve never seen a rabbit and wouldn’t have a clue what they’re supposed to do with one. They’re so soft, they turn their noses up at earthworms and like their eggs hard boiled! And Slinky and Houdini have a thing for a nice bit of Brussels pate!

I’ve just listed these snowdrops on a mixed media ACEO