Folksy Ltd

Snowdrops anyone?

(Christina Green) #1

Well, the kids wanted snow for Christmas and that didn’t arrive, but now, only a couple of weeks into January we have snowdrops instead! Here on the outskirts of Cambridge snowdrops do very well - we’re only down the road from Anglesey Abbey, renowned for its snow drop collection. I don’t think they’ve ever been this early here before though. Anyone else got snowdrops or any other spring flower yet?

Happy New Year!

Chris :smiley:

(Eileens Craft Studio) #2

I adore Snowdrops but none here although my daff bulbs I brought back from the Isles of Scilly are flowering in my unheated porch.

(Christina Green) #3

Lovely! Is a porch cheating? :wink:

(Eileens Craft Studio) #4

lol you wouldn’t want to stand in my porch without your winter coat :smile:

(Karen Ellam) #5

I had a woodland stroll at the weekend and noticed some crocus activity.
I love to see snow drops. I have some in the garden but they haven’t popped up yet :smile:

Karen

(Matt Underwood) #6

My favourite flowers :smile:
https://folksy.com/items/6578343-Snowdrops

(Christina Green) #7

Lol! Mine is much the same, except you need a brolly to go with your winter coat! Really must fix the roof this year!!

(Sarah Ann Small) #8

The snowdrops are growing, they started popping up around Christmas. I’m looking forward to them flowering.

Love xxx

(Matt Underwood) #9

My hellebores have come up before the snowdrops this year, anyone else had this?
https://folksy.com/items/6587904-Lenten-Roses

(Alison Mackenzie) #10

No snowdrops yet, but I have some confused daffodils coming into bud. I’ve also got some geraniums which are trying to flower too! :flushed:

(Christina Green) #11

Yes, my hellebores are blooming too! Lovely Lenten rose print :smiley:

(Christina Green) #12

Amazingly early for daffs! How far south are you?

(Stevenbowlerdesigns) #13

No snowdrops, but a triffid just bit my girlfriends leg off !!

(Alison Mackenzie) #14

I’m in south Northumberland. It’s been a lot milder than usual this year, so I think the plants are getting a bit ahead of themselves. No doubt we’ll have a cold snap just as they burst into bloom.

(Christina Green) #15

Crikey! Better get a chainsaw… or maybe a flamethrower!! :laughing:

(Christina Green) #16

That’s amazing! I was expecting you to say London or the Isle of Wight… You’re ahead of Cambridge, and it has been very mild here too!!

(Carol Capaldi) #17

:hibiscus: We have some daffies just coming through and I planted some irises from the pound shop at Christmas time in a pot and they are starting to come through. Its mad!!

(Christina Green) #18

Wow! I can see the shoots of the daffs appearing but not even flower buds yet… Although, I have got some shoots that aren’t daffs or snowdrops and I think they could be bluebells, which would be utterly bonkers as they should be up much later! :smiley:

(Sally Eira) #19

haven’t seen any snowdrops yet, but i did make a dozen of these cards for a customer

Here’s some, have a few poking through in the garden now!!

https://folksy.com/items/6542664-An-Embroidered-January-Snowdrops-Birthday-Card

Sue