Text style

What is your favourite text style if you print out your cards etc
I use Harrington a lot but also like Edwardian script and Curlz

I like Harrington too, and Lucida calligraphy, if I’m doing children’s cards it’s usually comic sans. I try to think who the card is for and it’s style then match a text font

I’m so fussy when it comes to fonts.
There’s one on my macbook called ‘Silom’ and ‘Optima’ that I quite like.

I have my own font. I decided from the beginning I wanted to have everything house style and quite unique to me. So everything I do is in the same font- (that which is in the banner on my shop page). My ‘brand’ I guess is super simple- I have everything just black text on a white background- so feel my font helps state that. :blush:

I don’t like curly fancy calligraphy style fonts- my personal style I guess. I work with people with educational needs (a huge range of ages) and through my day job (and an insane amount of training) have learned that actually- an awful lot of people out there find certain style fonts very difficult to read.
Microsoft Word for example eventually got rid of Times New Roman as the standard font because a lot of the population actually find it really difficult to read.
Most work places now have rules whereby all corespondance has to be in Arial for example. - I realise this wasn’t where you were going but I find it interesting!! Hahaha

I’m interested! When I had to write some leaflets and gain the crystal mark I was advised that Comic Sans 16 was the best across the board for special educational needs and visually impaired.

1 Like

Yeah Comic sans would work as it doesn’t have any weird little fiddly parts off it like Times New Roman does for example.
But it is a very childish font (I can’t stand it personally!) haha which is why through my employer we try and achieve the same effect (not having the little sticky out fussy bits) but try to keep it more professional. Our font is Arial size 12 for that purpose.

Font is a funny thing- it’s suprising that it actually says quite a lot about the person/company using it. Haha