Welcome to the Discourse forum usability test!

Testing image sizes. Here’s a nice photo of the office plant

2 Likes

@NiftyKnits @dottiedesigns I’ve limted image sizes to 500 pixels wide (images that are bigger are reduced automatically. Let me know if that still looks too big!

3 Likes

I believe it replaces the dark grey background behind your avatar on your profile page:

1 Like

Thanks Sian, yes, it does. I’ve changed it, looks much better without the grey.

I agree, the photo’s are really big, if I was showing 2 or 3 in a post I’d like the option of doing them a bit smaller.

Jan

Is it possible to get the picture to link through to the item?

Hi Brooch

Just tried hyperlinking a photo but it looks like a no, on a phone anyway I’ll have another bash on the laptop later.

Only by using HTML/Markdown at the moment but it’s possible this may be added on as a feature later.

1 Like

Yep was just about to say if you could use the code for the old forum it works here too.

1 Like

Is it possible to edit the user name ?

I hope so as mine has split over 2 lines which makes it very odd
My name is Joy Salt and my shop name is JOYsofGLASS
I’m not sure about the Joy Sofglass which I’ve become !

Ah ha I can upload images now. Just found this handy one in my “Labels” folder.

1 Like

Joy did you do something special with this post ?- as it emailed to me.

1 Like

@DeborahJonesJew In your profile there is a box that says… “Receive an email when someone quotes you, replies to your post, or mentions your @username

You may need to unclick it

Jan x

Hi

I asked this question too earlier as my forum user name has changed to karenscraftybit when it should read karenscraftybitz.
It looks weird :confused:
Sian says they are aware of the problem, and they are looking into it.

Karen
:grin:

1 Like

@DeborahJonesJew Think someone replied to you about the preference tick box. I’m really replying as i want to see how the include people’s names works and it seems to !

?? Does my name now show to you as Joysofglass all on one line or is it still split.
It looks ok to me now but I was on the other computer before when it was wrong which has a different resolution setting.

I’ve answered my own question. Pressed CTRL + and my Joysofglass under the avatar changed to Joy sofglass. Obviously have a bigger display on the office pc.

I keep getting lost.
I really could do with the topic menu permanently at the top so when I have buried myself too deeply in a topic I can find my way out without using either a ball of string or accidentally commenting on someone’s totally unrelated post as I very nearly did a minute ago.

I used to be in IT and I had a reputation as a formidable system tester - if there was a bug I could find it …but… there are so many routes to take in here that its like slithering down an octopus’s tentacle and not being able to catch hold of one of the others to climb back up… :smiley:

1 Like

I tried several times to change my profile background yesterday but the pics were too big. what size do they need to be, please?

The folksy icon takes you to back to square one, Joy - it’s the only way I can find my way out! I agree, it’s a bit of a maze in here.