šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hi everybody, just joined and new to this so please bear with meā€¦Iā€™m an aspiring artist, I work mainly in Acrylics/Oils, I thought I would give this a try and see how it goesā€¦a learning curve for me :smiley:ā€¦need all the help I can getā€¦

1 Like

Good morning everyone :slight_smile: I am Sharon from Ohhh What A Yarn and I have just opened my Folksy shop this week. I am so impressed already as it seems such a fabulous and supportive place. I canā€™t wait to get to know more of you :slight_smile: ps I make crochet and knitted goodies for all the family and the home x

4 Likes

Hellooooo Sharon!!

Hi everyone, Iā€™m very new to Folksy and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or tips. Iā€™ve only added a few items and I am in the process of adding more, just hope I am doing things right! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Iā€™m so happy to be expressing myself in the design world again and love enjoying other peoples lovely skilled work. It is lovely to be part of this and I am looking forward to my creative journey. Thanks Joanne.

Hi Iā€™m new to Folksy and just wanted to say Hello!
I love to Crochet, Knit, sew, and my new love is pyrography.
Iā€™ve never been on a Forum before!

Hello! Just joined Folksy and wanted to say hello :wave:

2 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Charlotte and I have just listed my first item in my shop Lemon and Ginger!

I had a folksy shop a long time ago and I am pleased to be back with my new shop. I will have lots of nice things for the knitters and crocheters out there - stitch markers, project bags and knitting accessories.

1 Like

Hello. I am Jacqui and I am returning to Folksy after a long absence. I have just listed my first item in my Embroidery Scene shop. I hope that it wonā€™t take me too long to find my way around again.

Hi, Itā€™s been a while but I canā€™t call myself a ā€˜newā€™ shop as I was here a long time ago. However, my shop is open again and Iā€™m busy listing pieces. I stitch jewellery and accessories using soutache and beads. The braid does not seem very well known here so I would love to hear what you think about it.

Hello everyone Iā€™ve been here almost a couple of months now, loving the cozy and friendly atmosphere here in the forum and the group on fb.
I make what some may call ā€˜alternativeā€™ greetings cards for birthdays and weddings in particular. :blush:

1 Like

Hi all new to folksy so any favourites or like how ever this works would be greatfull would apprecaite any feedback / help getting me started!
all my items are shelving so find use of them awkward / spaces you never been able to use before
thank you all
PROFFESSIONAL RADIATOR SHELVES!

https://folksy.com/shops/Shelvesuk

Hi there,
Iā€™ve recently opened a Folksy shop, so thought it would be a good idea to try and get involved in the forum as I know Iā€™ll be needing tips and advice from time to time( or always! :rofl:)
So far Iā€™ve sold four cards to one person, which I was so excited about but nothing since that, so Iā€™m trying hard not to feel disheartened. Just wondering if itā€™s my photos, my descriptions or just that nobody wants my items.
Iā€™ve started a blog, been pinning, put together a Folksy Friday post, joined in on the Facebook group, so hopefully Iā€™m being proactive enough although I think I need to get on with some painting before I get square eyes. :smiley:
Anyway, Iā€™ll do a bit more forum searching for tips in the meantime and hopefully will catch up with some other Folksy folk later. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi
I opened my Folksy shop in July and have only just discovered this forum and very glad to have too!
Thankyou very much to teabreaks for buying my first item and encouraging me to join these forums!!
It has been pretty isolating and daunting before I discovered you guys!
There are some amazing artists and products on here and I am very excited to see all your work! I shall be joining the daily listing thread shortly and hope to get to know you all better.
Cheers
Yas

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m a fellow yorkie! Moved out a long time ago but miss the place!
Love your cards, have just joined, finding it a but difficult introducing myself on the forums, trying to get used to it.
Yas

1 Like

Hi Yas!

York is such a lovely place to be. Iā€™m originally from the Midlands but moved here a looong time ago and love it. Where did you move to?

Your tshirts are lovely! I especially like the digger one, I think my goddaughter would like it. Do you screen print them? I keep meaning to have a go at that, Iā€™d love to put my animals onto bibs/baby grows etc.

Everyone here is pretty friendly so just keep at it and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be used to it in no time.

Elki.

Hi
I was born there, lived there 18 years, I now live near Glastonbury, long way from York, tho my twin brothers still live there .
Thanks for the compliment, my tees are heatpressed tho I would love to learn screen printing too.
Maybe we could collaborate :wink:Been meaning to get some onesies and bibs!!
Love your little animals :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes, Iā€™m going to stick at it, early daysā€¦

Hi Everybody,

I m a newbie here selling my handmade jewelleries. I hope you will like them ^-^
https://folksy.com/shops/emesekiss

1 Like

Hello everyone! Iā€™ve just opened my Folksy shop but have been making jewellery as a hobby for years. Did sell at craft fairs a few years ago but moved house and wasnā€™t able to run a business from the new place. Iā€™m now in a new place and now my kiddies are sleeping at nights(!) so Iā€™m hoping to start selling my stock again and making new pieces :slight_smile: Constructive criticism welcome for my shop! Iā€™m spreading my listings across here and another site but if this one does better (I hope so- would rather support a UK business) iā€™ll transfer to just here.

Catherine

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
I opened my new shop yesterday The Bikers Hoard. Handmade Confectionery using natural ingredients, no additives, no colourings. Mainly fudge at present in different, unusual flavours, it is hand stirred to get the texture just right. Made in Devon.

I look forward to getting involved in the forums.

https://folksy.com/shops/TheBikersHoard

2 Likes

Hello, my name is Sarah and Iā€™ve been slowly stocking my shop Luna and the Moon. I make a bit of a mixture of hand stamped and macrame jewellery, some of which can be personalised. I used to make and sell jewellery a few years ago before my youngest was born and now hes at school Iā€™m trying to get back into it. Things have changed a little on here since then lol. Feel free to have a look and let me know what you think.

1 Like