Folksy Ltd

Welsh Showcase

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #1

Hello- I thought It’d be lovely to showcase some of the lovely Welsh themed goodies we have on Folksy as I couldn’t find a thread on this theme!
The items don’t have to feature the Welsh language, just be themed on Wales. :slight_smile:

I’ll start with a Welsh lady print:

‘Blydi bwrw eto ye’ // ‘Bloody raining again ye’

4 Likes
(Heidi Meier) #2

Great idea for a thread. I don’t have anything suitable but I will track this thread with interest! :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Cariad Crafts) #3

Hi

What a great idea for a thread, so thank you, Lowri @twinkleandgloomart

I have a few welsh worded cards, here is one

Carol xx

2 Likes
(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #4

Lovely card Carol!

1 Like
(Susan Bonnar) #5

How lovely! Wondering if there is a market for Welsh Wedding Guest books!

2 Likes
(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #6

I’d say so, I know of plenty of Welsh weddings that have had all their bits and bobs in Welsh :slight_smile:

(Susan Bonnar) #7

Thanks! Tomorrow’s project then! :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Gill Wootton) #8

And Cornish Dottie there is a Cornish tartan.

Gill x

1 Like
(Bojanglies) #9

I have some very simple earrings that I forgot to list before the football!

1 Like
(PetraBradleyPrints) #10

Hi, when I saw your thread, I couldn’t resist posting these ladies, who I had just found at a church table top sale last week. Would they give your ladies a run for their money?? I reckon they can chat away!
However, to satisfy Folksy, can I also say that they are sitting on some beautiful welsh blanket weave, from a car boot, which will become something lovely in my Autumn/ winter collection.

2 Likes
(Brenda Cumming) #11

This painting was inspired by the beautiful Welsh scenery around my home…(hope that counts)

1 Like
(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #12

Keep em coming! :smiley:
Love your Welsh lady find Petra, so cute! My Welsh ladies are like stroppy teenagers, yours would probably tell them off for putting their elbows on the table :wink:

(Maxine Veronica) #13

an older one of mine :slight_smile:

1 Like
(PetraBradleyPrints) #14

All hell will be let loose as they figure out whether milk goes in before tea is poured, or after. ( I say before).

1 Like
(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #15

Any more Welshie goods?

Here’s one of mine:

(Brenda Cumming) #16

Lovely Welsh landscape

1 Like