What have you listed today Dec 2020 the original thread

I thought I would start the thread this month to give Brenda a break.

7 Likes

Today I have a hand crafted butterfly greetings card
https://folksy.com/items/7633562-hand-crafted-all-occasion-greetings-card-ref-F334-

and this hand painted original flower card
https://folksy.com/items/7623230-original-art-watercolour-painted-Thank-You-card-ref-F-316-

7 Likes

Basil bird

6 Likes

A festive cushion

https://folksy.com/items/7634386-Winter-Robins-Cushion

8 Likes

5 Likes

Very thoughtful of you. Brenda does such a brilliant job keeping this thread going :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

A small needle felted picture to frame or use in a craft project,

Needle felted picture - Yorkshire Dales Sheep 4… - Folksy

3 Likes

Not me Joy…I said I would never start any threads again…it is thanks to Caroline…
I have always got up early in the morning to start threads…I can have a lie in now x

1 Like

I agree always Brendas thread but thought after her bad November would help out. I think Brenda should restart in January as we need her.

4 Likes

Absolutely. She can have a well deserved rest this month but only on condition she returns to normal first of 2021.
@teabreaks your forum needs you. :joy:

4 Likes

Hello. :wave:

I’ve listed this fused glass wave today.
Thanks for looking

7 Likes

That gives me ‘big glass kiln envy’ mine is only tiddy… No waving possible. Lovely :grin:

3 Likes

Listed this today, as it’s part of the Folksy 12 Days of Christmas, on Instagram. Bright and Cheery.

I have started to like and pin, thinking this was the 365 Daily Listing Challenge for December!!! (A senior moment - ha ha ha)

5 Likes

Thank you Joy! Trouble is, I have “bigger kiln envy” when I see other people’s huge kilns! Mine is fab though :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

1st Dec!
I was wondering what people thought of Christmas dispatch, and Royal mail delays?

I had my first “where is my item” yesterday. I Post 1st class, Large letter (stamp), and posted last Monday. This brought on a lovely lot of anxiety ! (oh no not that again).

I read on Facebook, many items are delayed, some are arriving 2 weeks from dispatch (sent 1st class). I have had free postage on Etsy for customers (for seo apparantly), but I can’t wear the cost if I have to replace, and I will be negative - too cheap to start with. I read I can’t claim £20 compensation - as it is jewellery.

1st class large letter is £1.15, or 1st class Signed (they don’t sign as covid) is £2.45, & 48 tracked is £3.60.

Today - I have spent hours, changing my Etsy prices (increase) & now I have put a small nominal postage amount - it doesn’t cover £2.45 or £3.60 as above…

I was wondering what people’s thoughts are? what post you use etc.
And do you stop posting for Christmas - when?

Thankyou for ay advise!

Whoops
I have listed my item below,
I am pinning everyone above like mad - now, linda & mo x

Bless you ladies…that has cheered me up a lot.xxx
I also have a painting that I listed today…
https://folksy.com/items/7631953-aceo-original-art-watercolour-painting-ref-F-328-

6 Likes

I use click & collect or click & drop standard 1st class. Sent a package out Monday last week received Saturday. Sent another at the same time received next day.

Have worked out anything sent from Hampshire to the west or east along the coast normal times. Anything higher takes longer. Hope that makes sense and in particular if goes through London very slow.

I would just warn customers than the post is taking longer but offer them the option for next day at the additional cost.

Hi Caroline @Caroleecrafts,

thank you. Is your click & collect the same as my 1st class large letter? but you do it online.

Next day Special Delivery is £6.70 omg. Should I offer that? it’s almost the cost of my purchase (!),

I have put a “banner” saying Royal Mail can not guarentee arrival for Christmas, & I also send a message now, saying Royal Mail are experiencing delays.
Thank you
linda x

My envy is controlled. My kiln fits on the cupboard in the garage and runs off domestic supply. My garage is so full of ‘raw’ and ‘madr’ glass and packaging there is no room for bigger and no time in my day to concentrate on more fusing. I am happy :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Yes it is the same but in some instances can be cheaper. I print the label direct onto inkjet labels.

1 Like