Anyone seen the new improvements to open an E shop! NOT!

Quite interesting, just seen that new shops on the other side will have to

1. Provide either a passport or driving licence along with taking a selfie to prove who you are.
  2. Charge a $15 fee on opening a shop. This is apparently to help with security to prevent spammers etc.
  3. Changing when sellers get funds, the funds may be held until they can prove a good track record.

Details here

3 Likes

I’ve seen this, but will it really clear out the drop shipping - Scammers always find a way

2 Likes

I am pretty sure I wouldn’t open a shop that says funds may be held until sellers can prove a good track record … meaning all new sellers funds will stay in E’s bank gaining interest until they decide to pay out! Or Did I read it wrong Caroline?

1 Like

I agree Debby should have put an exclamation in the title.

Step 3 with all the bad publicity is all wrong, they should have no right to hold onto funds and unsure why this is being allowed. Must be against the law.

I think they feel if harder to open a shop the spammers may not bother. As easy on Folksy we get the. Every weekend, had cheap mass produced vanity mirrors over the weekend. I do report but sadly they sit there until Monday at the earliest.

2 Likes

Well, it is beyond me how anyone looking to sell on an online platform would even consider E with those terms, they should not be allowed to decide who gets their payout and who doesn’t. I know if I still had a shop on there I would be closing it, I closed mine when I joined Folksy as I didn’t agree to some of their terms then and it was nothing like this.

4 Likes

I would love to be in a position to close my E shop but sadly I have really struggled to get sales here. E shop is still bringing in plenty of orders.

I feel like others about the way sellers get treated - it appalling.

6 Likes

A genuine seller would be happy to wait to be approved for selling rather than see this happen all the time

5 Likes

I couldn’t afford to not sell on Etsy, I get way more sales over there. And vetting their sellers sounds like a good idea to me.

3 Likes

I agree with the vetting and something we would love to see on here but never going to happen. Would then stop Ali Express jewellery sellers. One still in the new sellers, reported at the weekend. Not bothering again as a waste of my precious time.

No, I wouldn’t do this. Private information is just that. Our Passports belong to the Government with our identification information and asking for proof via this way on a selling platform is just wrong.

Where do I find new sellers. Can’t see it on the welcome page.