Are we allowed to suggest themes for Folksy webinars?

Hi, I’ve just discovered the joys of the webinars that Folksy hosts on a regular basis and would love to suggest a theme that I think might help quite a few of us: Running a Business When You’re Neurodivergent.

I have ADHD and really struggle with the business side of things, such as staying on task, making decisions, creating and sticking to a plan, prioritising, time management, confidence, etc, etc. (honestly, the

Studies show that a high percentage, somewhere between 18-50%, of creative people are neurodivergent. While the hyperfocus, ability to think outside the box and natural talent for creating something is incredible for us, the symptoms and side effects can be crippling for those of us trying to run a business.

Given that, statistically, so many of us here are Neuro-Spicy, I’m sure I’m not alone in needing some guidance and advice, so who do I need to butter up to get this in front of the decision maker, please?

2 Likes

Folksy admin have asked the local team captains for suggestions in the past and since I’m one of those I can get your suggestion in front of the right people. One thing that would be very useful is suggestions for who they should approach? If there are any good podcasts aimed at running a business whilst neuro spicy the names of the presenters would be a good starting point. Some previous webinars have covered topics like time management and planning but they weren’t specifically aimed at neuro divergent people.

2 Likes

Hiya,
Kerry @purplejam and Sasha @SashaGarrett don’t know if this is any help, I watched a workshop ran by The Design Trust hosted by Amanda Perry about planning with ADHD which was really interesting and helpful. May be worth having a look at her site and/ or emailing her.
Louise x

1 Like

Great suggestion, thank you. There have been other speakers from the design trust so i’ll suggest it and hopefully they can sort something out.

I’ve put the suggestion to the team.

One of the other local captains has suggested Laura Barnes (@heyitslaurajane on insta). Apparently she is a neurospicy herself and does creative business stuff so might be worth a follow to get some tips and tricks.

Thanks so much fro your suggestion @purplejam. We do already have sessions lined up for 2024 but this sounds like a great idea so we’ll try to make it happen. As @SashaGarrett suggests it would be great if anyone has any recommendations for people we could reach out to to run it.