Art Chat : December 2014

Morning, well yesterday we said our final goodbye to the caravan all closed up, a sad day as we have had a caravan down in West Wales for 20 years, but hardly used it this year, have some fab memories though and our children had a wonderful time there.

your parrots are coming along very nicely Margaret
lovely lighthouse Pam

Just listed this ink art pendant, finished the commission last night just got to pick up some chain today, I was a tiny bit short oops!.

3 Likes

Beautiful pendant Max, must have been sad to say goodbye to the caravan, but as you say youā€™ve got lotā€™s of lovely memories :smile:

Hi gang, I had a hectic weekend - drove to Cambridge and back on Saturday and yesterday it was my birthday. And today Iā€™m feeling poorly (which thankfully is very unusual for me) so I wonā€™t be hanging around much.

Margaret your parrots are lovely, I do like birds.

Pam that sky is beautiful! Fab lighthouse too.

Ah Max that must have been a sad day. Was it the same caravan for all that time?

Happy belated birthday Stephie! :slight_smile: Hope youā€™re feeling much better very soon.

Iā€™m off work tomorrow, got to take Mum to the local hospital to get checked out for possible skin cancer behind her ear. I donā€™t think itā€™s anything to worry about but best to get it checked. Mum is a bit worried, naturally.

Fingers crossed for you and mum Margaret, hope itā€™s nothing to worry about,

Happy birthday Stephie, hope you feel better soon

It was our third caravan but been on the same site :smile:

Happy birthday for yesterday Stephie and hope you are feeling better soon.
Hope everything is OK for your mum Margaret.
Iā€™ve been to Ikea today for a few picture frames.
Waves @ Max

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Stephie!
Thatā€™s a pretty pendant, Max.
Margaret, I hope that your Mum is OK tomorrow.
Hope IKEA wasnā€™t too crowded, Tessa!
Waving, all! :slight_smile:

Morning all, Iā€™m feeling much better today thanks :slight_smile: Iā€™m on a mad cleaning frenzy this morning as the in-laws are coming and not being well yesterday I spent the afternoon in bed instead of cleaning.

Tessa are you planning to follow the Ikea silk lamp instructions from Karen Sistek on fb? It looks very interesting - next time Iā€™m near an Ikea I think Iā€™ll buy the lamp base that sheā€™s using and have a go. Also, did you ever try the magic sizing? Our American visitor couldnā€™t find it in any stores near here so sadly couldnā€™t bring any over.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Iā€™ve still got lots of cake left if anyone wants any :slight_smile:

Margaret do update us on your mum as soon as you know anything. Sending healing vibes and hugs your way.

For those who havenā€™t seen it on fb, hereā€™s my latest triptych update

2 Likes

Ikea wasnā€™t too bad. I have my strategy which is go in the back end so that I havenā€™t got to walk around the whole circuit (which is 2 miles!) and get something to eat on the way out. Yesterday it was a bag of mini cinnamon buns. Sometimes they have freebie sweets or bics. I go there very rarely.
Yes Stephie itā€™s the lamp Karen recommended. Iā€™ve yet to find the stuff you fix the silk to, any ideas?
I have tried the Magic Size but prefer my usual way of painting as I do like the colours flowing and blending, Iā€™ll experiment more with it as I think I might like it on some areas.

Tessa Iā€™ve put my name down for her instructions by email - hopefully theyā€™ll be free. The only method I thought of was to remove the covering on the ikea lamp and then sew the silk on at the end. Or I guess one could use double sided sticky tape, proving the bulb is a low energy one (which it would have to be if it werenā€™t going to scorch the silk.

I wish the forum software would stop telling me that Iā€™m hogging the thread!

Do stop hogging the thread Stephie!lol

Your triptych is coming along wonderfully.

Iā€™m delighted to report that Mum got the all clear this morning, we can both now relax and look forward to Christmas :smile: To celebrate, I took her to a lovely cafe in Knutsford, called the Penny Farthing, which has real Penny Farthing bicycles hung up all around it, very quirky, very us :smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s wonderful news Margaret :slight_smile: :smile: :slight_smile:

And no I wonā€™t stop hogging the thread so there! I guess since there are so few of us on this thread nowadays and that it tells you to stop hogging the thread when youā€™ve posted more than 20% of the posts, most of us are in breach of that one.

1 Like

lol! I get that ā€˜hogging the threadā€™ message all the time, I just ignore it! :smile:

Shame thereā€™s not many of us left, itā€™s not like it used to beā€¦

1 Like

Just popping in to say hello ā€¦ Waving everyone. :smile:

Glad your Mum is OK Margaret and you had a nice outing :slight_smile:

Iā€™m keeping busy. Iā€™ve just finished a mini commission so waiting to hear now if they like it.

Hazel

1 Like

Glad your mum is OK Margaret.

Stephie I think you just iron the silk onto an adhesive rigid lampshade making stuff and put it in instead of the IKEA one, no sewing. They use low energy LEDs

My DGD was the angel Gabriel in her nursery school Christmas show today, soo sweet.

3 Likes

Morning everyone. I wonā€™t stay long as I have Tonsillitis and would hate to give it to you. Fortunately, I donā€™t have any more paintings to complete before Christmas so can take it relatively easy - well as easy as you can at this time of year. Hope all your preparations are going well.

Gaynor

Morning Gaynor, hope your tonsillitis clears up very quickly. At least you should be better by Christmas.

Afternoon everyone, waving :wave:

Gaynor I hope you feel better soon. I closed my order book a while ago for large commissions as last year I accepted too many and was stressed out. Sadly I have had to turn a couple away.

I canā€™t hang around today - had a bit of a panic attack this morning when I realised how close Christmas actually isā€¦I have just over a week until I fly off to Germany with my daughter to visit the Xmas markets, and have to have everything ready for the big Ho Ho Ho before we go. I made a list of everything I have to do including all the carol singing engagements, and fortunately managed to stop the heart from racing - I hate it when that happensā€¦happily itā€™s not very often.

Anyway, Iā€™m off to start on the next article for the miniature magazineā€¦Iā€™ve submitted Van Goghā€™s sunflowers for the Jan edition and have to have Turnerā€™s Temeraire ready by the beginning of Jan for the March edition. Iā€™ve done a lot of thinking and not much painting, so need to get crackingā€¦catch you later :smile:

Waving Stephie, sorry to hear you had a panic attack, I had a lot of those when I was ill 18 months or so ago, havenā€™t had one for a while fortunately, I just keep taking the tablets and Iā€™m OK! :smile:

Only two weeks to go till Christmas Eve, itā€™s very close now :smile:

Evening everyone, ooh hope you feel better soon Gaynor.

Margaret I am so pleased your mum is okay, thatā€™s really good news

Your triptych is looking great Stephie, make sure to take to e for yourself so you donā€™t get stressed very easy to overstretch yourself this time of year.

Waving hi to Hazel and Tessa too :smile: