Art Chat: January 2015

Lowri @twinkleandgloomart I absolutely LOVE your images! Off to look at the rest of your shop.
Bee

1 Like

Gosh yes Matt @MattUnderwood so rare to see primroses at this time of year. Even our snowdrops are still hiding. Do love art deco style vase!
Bee

1 Like

Bee, my Mum is amazing, sheā€™s online, on Facebook and all that. Being nearly 88 doesnā€™t stop her!lol

I donā€™t think I commented on your doll portrait, it is lovely. You do quite a wide range of subjects and theyā€™re all good! :smile:

1 Like

Wow Margaret! What an amazing woman your Mum is. I wish my step-mum-in-law was more switched on to computers. Sheā€™s so lively and outgoing in so many ways. At 85 she thinks nothing of driving to her sisters in Cumbria from Berkshire, though these days she does allow herself a nights stopover with a friend in the Midlands. But sheā€™s had hip and knee replacements and waiting for another knee just now ā€¦ and whilst sheā€™s out of action, it would be so good if she could keep in touch using the internet. Though perhaps I shouldnā€™t worry ā€¦ she talks for hours on the phone :smile:

Thank you for your I do tend to be a bit of a butterfly with my work Margaret. Probably a bad thing. But Iā€™ve stopped worrying about it and just have fun really. So much to do, so little time :blush:

1 Like

She really is a clever lady Margaret :slight_smile:

Lovely work as always in here ā€¦ love the miniatures and your primroses are fab Matt :slight_smile:

A few weeks ago I deleted a few of my older ACEOā€™s and we talked about how I revisited them sometimes, well today I have been painting cats (a rare thing for me - and not easy in wax) its a long story ā€¦ but the point is a little kitty has made its way into one of my garden ACEOā€™s that I have revisited today ā€¦ so I thought I would show it here just for fun :slight_smile:

I gave the flowers a bit of a touch up too :wink:

3 Likes

Your cats are cute Hazel! :smile:

@StudioBeeArt, Bee, the orchid and the bookmarks have arrived and are all lovely! I love the way the orchid stands out against the dark rich red. The bookmarks are so pretty and will be very useful too :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Margaret :slight_smile:

Left home at 9.25 got to the garage just after 9.35ā€¦had a chat with the mechanicsā€¦then went to the shop for some stampsā€¦(about 300 yards from the garageā€¦) then back and UP the hillā€¦
Amazingly I got home at 10 past 10ā€¦
The only dodgy bit was coming up the last 60 steps which were covered in leaves and puddles, so a bit treacherous.
Stephieā€¦it didnā€™t rain but when the ground is wet, it is easier to walk onā€¦because it means no ice !!
Now to paintā€¦

2 Likes

Hazel the kitty in the garden makes all the difference to that painting, great job.

Iā€™ve just listed a lily inchie - going back to my roots as a lily was the very first painting that I listed on folksy. The original was much bigger though, I think it was around 6 inches square. How times have changed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Stephie, Iā€™m having fun with cats today

Your Lily is lovely and so small well done :slight_smile:

For those not on facebook, hereā€™s week 4 of my sketch diary. I wonder if Iā€™ll manage to keep it up all year through?!

5 Likes

Oh goody glad theyā€™ve arrived safely. So please youā€™re pleased :blush: Thank you for letting me know.
Hugs Bee

Stephie @StephanieGuy I love your tiny lily! Youā€™ve put so much life and effective detail into such a small area. Beautiful colours too!
Bee

I went out to lunch today to a local pub for a colleagues birthday. Four of us had soup and two of us found hard sharp pieces of plastic in it. They didnā€™t want to say anything but I reported it in case anyone else ordered soup and might have got hurt. All of us who had soup had a refund, so at least we had a free lunch! Not sure Iā€™ll ever order soup there again thoughā€¦

wow Stephie that tiny lily is gorgeous! Iā€™m a big lily fan as you know :smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! my shop is a little bare- most of my stock goes into a local craft shop. All of my drawings are on Facebook though. :slight_smile: www.facebook.com/twinkleandgloom

1 Like

well done on reporting the dodgy soup Margaret. I am sure it was an accidentā€¦something might have fallen in the bowlsā€¦however, it could have prove nasty or fatal if someone had a piece of plastic stuck in their throat. Although I am sure the pub was horrified they would also be grateful for knowing rather than have a law suit on their hands.
Managed 4 aceos and some book marks todayā€¦just need to take pictures and then do some listing.

2 Likes

This is my latest collage, decoupage
vintage ladies, embellishments,. painted canvas board

https://folksy.com/items/6599560-Collage-Decoupage-Paris-Vintage-Art-Deco-Ladies-Wall-Art-France-Shabby-Chic

I love your sketch book diary Stephanie

3 Likes

Lovely collage Sue
Just listed this postcard size landscape.

4 Likes

Wow love your autumn trees woodland landscape Brenda , so detailed for a postcard size, you are so talented Brenda, I will put this on my pinterets folksy page, FB, Twit

so many wonderful artist on this art forum, I in ore, I also promoted your lastest painting Bee on Pinterest , everyone is getting on there eventually !!!

Have a lovely evening everyone, I am off to watch Broadchurch on tele.

Sue HUGS all round xx

Good morning, waving hi to everyone. Had a very productive day yesterday despite being out and about I managed to get some painting time in :smile:

Lovely work everyone :slight_smile:

the Dragons are back, first of 6 I managed to paint

4 Likes