Art Chat: January 2015

That’s lovely Brenda

1 Like

This thread is so fast moving, I had family visiting, and now I feel like I’m totally lost!

Thought I’d upload a few paintings from this last week. . .

Hare - Which is also now available as a print in my store

A House rabbit commission I am currently working on,

And Lil Bub! :gift_heart: - Google Lil Bub if you’re not sure who she is, I Love Bub!!

2 Likes

wow Hayley those are great! I especially love the hare, he’s stunning.

Lovely landscape Brenda, pretty colours

1 Like

Good morning, feeling a little better today at least the hot and cold shivers have stopped, just a sore throat and cough to condend with now :mask:. I had a complete rest day yesterday cwtched up on the sofa watching TV lol!. I may get some painting in later on today :smile:

love the pastels Stephie, cute duck and I can see the lustre lovely.

Love the paintings Hayley

Hey Brenda, lovely landscape

Hope you feel much better very soon Max

Stephie, yes the lustre shows up much better on that photo, looks fab! :smile:

1 Like

Hi sue,

fair play, this encaustic art seems like a unique talent, very interesting though I probably would not be safe with a hot iron I am a bit on the clumsy side too. :wink:

Lou

Hi Ron,

Thank you, yes its a very intricate instrument, I only took it up in april, but loving playing it, I have been having lessons with a great teacher so fair play for teaching yourself.

Lou

Managed to get this ACEO finished. Rang vet and Sally is OK. Still sleepy from the anaesthetic … going to collect her now. Lots to see here … will look properly later. Hugs to all!

1 Like

@helloiamHayley Hayley your pet portraits are lovely, I especially like the hare. How are you getting on with your painting a day?

@StudioBeeArt Bee your hat collection is super. Creating collections is something I’m rubbish at, I don’t tend to paint things in series.

I’m having a bit of a clear out (must be something in the air) and have created a 25% off sale section. Lots more to be added, but it’s a slow process and I need a break!

https://folksy.com/shops/StephanieGuy/collections/239332

1 Like

https://folksy.com/items/6593088-AcrylicPainting-Fish-Nautical-Scenic-Sea-Art-Bathroom-Picture-Blue-Orange-Red

This a Nautical Canvas Board art in acrylics, I thought a bathroom or a child’s room would be good place to hang, what do you think, children love colour !!

I like your latest painting Lady in Green Hat Bee, I was thinking of your dog and the op to remove the unwanted lump, poor little thing will be feeling sorry, a little bit of TLC I think, I’m glad its all over, I’m sure it will be a quick recovery Bee.

Hayley, your work is beautiful, I am in ore of the talent and the amazing paintings and Art that I am seeing on this page, well done to everyone

2 Likes

Lovely fluffy duck @StephanieGuy … the texture of the oil pastel looks to create a fab effect. I have some, but not Sennelier. I find mine quite difficult to handle … too chunky some how and not as soft as yours. Mine are Lefranc and Bourgeois… may have spelled that wrong … but feeling yucky (headache/sneezing) … can’t raise energy to go look.

Love the colours in your Nautical scene @suebeacham it’s sure to find a good home soon. Thank you for good wishes for Sally. She’s sleeping peacefully and the op was a bigger job than expected but successful.

Beautiful work @helloiamHayley Watercolour scares me to death, so I appreciate your skill all the more.

I’m not sure I would want to do an extensive series @StephanieGuy . Just now I’m going with the flow and painting what takes my fancy day to day… so this week it happens to be hats LOL I’ll be on to something else soon. I’m a bit of a butterfly just now, trying not to get too serious about anything. Till recently I was doing course work for a fine art degree, so it’s such fun to just hang loose without pressure and just enjoy making little pictures :blush:

2 Likes

Have you finished your degree Bee? That’s something i’d like to do someday. I did maths when I was at uni but would love to do a degree in fine art.

1 Like

No @StephanieGuy long way to go. I started the course while I was still in Cyprus, through the OCA (Open College of the Arts) With distance learning it takes longer to achieve a degree than at a bricks and mortar uni, but has the advantage that you can fit it around other things and work at your own speed upto a point. I lost momentum during the period before and after we moved back to the UK and struggled to finish the current module in the time frame set. I’m taking time out just now. If I decide to complete the degree, now I’m back in England, I’ll probably take credits and apply to a b&m uni as it’l
l be quicker.

If you’re interested to learn more the OCA website has plenty of info http://www.oca.ac.uk/
Let me know if I can help with anything. Hard work … but worth doing.
Bee

Good morning everyone, Bee @StudioBeeArt, so pleased your dog is doing well, that’s such a relief. A fine art degree is on my to do list, I’m just waiting for a call about doing a management diploma, so I won’t have time for at least another year or two as I work full time too, but I never thought about doing it as a correspondence course, hmm that’s something to consider. Lovely ACEO’s too.

Love the undersea painting Sue

Well I feel a lot brighter this morning just an annoying cough today, glad this virus didn’t last as long as the last one. I have a full crafting day ahead planned, got some notebooks all lined up ready for embellishment, 10 x ACEO all waiting for finishing touches (is it just me or do you all get antsy waiting for things to dry properly, had to force myself to stop fiddling yesterday and leave my paintings to dry so I didn’t ruin them lol!). I’m feeling really enthused today having sold 5 ACEO here yesterday and 3 over the other side! I’m actually starting to run a little low on paintings, must must get my act together.

Just showing a sale items today, ths is one of my ink on acetate paintings

1 Like

I have added 3 cat ACEO’s to my shop

1 Like

I am making cards and putting prints of my paintings onto the front
https://folksy.com/items/6592604-4-Pk-Cards-For-All-Occasion-Prints-Of-Beautiful-Painting-Blank-Inside-
Sue

2 Likes

Thanks Margaret, I think his striking expression helps