Art Chat: January 2015

Thank you @StudioBeeArt Its something which I dabbled with/was forced on us at college, painting typical washey landscapes, that never clicked with me. They have been on and off the shelf for years, but finding them so addictive now.

I love the challenge that you can ruin the paper, the patience and discipline of adding new layers. I also love my rebellious excessive details which is so far from the usual watercolours

I wouldnt let them scare you, they’re a relatively inexpensive medium to start, its when you become addicted it mounts up.

1 Like

Thank you @StephanieGuy The hare has been very popular!

I’m doing well, not missed a day so far so rather happy. 17 days, 17 paintings so far. Hubby has taken out our daughter for the day, so I have some painting time but im on here, oooooooops! x

1 Like

I’ve been painting an ambulance today for my nephew - he has an interview with the ambulance service next week to join their paramedic training course. I hope he’s successful not least because it’s a lot of effort painting this card for him lol. In all seriousness though this is his dream - he’s been trying to get into this for years so we have all our fingers and toes crossed for him.

2 Likes

I’ll cross my fingers too Stephie :four_leaf_clover:

Finally put my brushes down for the day, had a lovely time just creating. I’ve put a pic on fb if anyone wants a peek, as I can’t load it here from my iPad for some reason!

1 Like

@helloiamHayley I think with watercolours it’s the technique being so different to other methods of painting that puts me off. I do use watercolour paints in mixed media, but working a whole painting with washes, working light to dark goes against my normal approach I suppose. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work!

Afernoon everyone, hope you are all busy painting :art: or doing something else equally fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waving everyone! I’ve been on revision company duty this afternoon…it’s a hard life having to spend the afternoon drinking coffee and painting :slight_smile: Too dark for photos now sadly.

I’ve been doing a lot of sewing today. Too cold and dismal to go out walking.

waving to you all…a new aceo from me

2 Likes

@StudioBeeArt Your paintings are so beautiful, but painting with other mediums freaks me out a little if I’m honest!

For the stupidest reason, that i cant deal with gloopy textures, its something that has never bothered me for years, but the last 2-3 yr they really creep me out.

I think I enjoy that challenge, especially using tiny brushes and building up textures though.

Just thought I would share tonight’s daily painting, from my challenge. We all went to see The Lion King on stage today, at Manchester Palace, it was incredible. So our trip inspired this fella.

1 Like

Hi Brenda, that’s a gorgeous landscape, hope you are well.

Hayley, I love your lion, his eyes are mesmerising and his mane is superb!

1 Like

Good morning gang :slight_smile: I have a morning of painting ahead, I have to get cracking on a baby portrait commission. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to share it, but I’ll be working concurrently on a portrait of my daughter so you’ll certainly be able to see that one.

Here’s one of my new miniatures from yesterday

I’m not publicising it too much yet as I’m not happy with the pics - it’s way better in real life.

Margaret where are you up to with your sewing now? I think you had a few on the go?

Love the lion Hayley and Brenda your landscape is beautiful.

3 Likes

I’ve created an album on facebook for my sketch diary to make it easy for anyone interested to follow it. I don’t think you have to be on facebook to see it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.328887480655718.1073741839.139499142927887&type=1

2 Likes

Love the boats Stephie, I’ll check out the sketch diary in a bit.

I’m concentrating on my parrots cross stitch at the moment, but you’re right, there are a few on the go! I’m half way through my cat among the lillies cross stitch, and I’ve also started a cat tapestry but I need good light for that, so it’s on the back burner till spring :smile:
There’s a flower fairy bookmark part done too, but it’s tiny so I don’t do much at a time. I like a lot of choice when I fancy some stitching! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone.

Such wonderful work on display in here. Love your lion Hayley and your seascape is very nice Stephie :smile:
Sounds like you busy Margaret, look forward to seeing your sewing especially those amazing parrots.

I have had a morning painting. Just had a break and popped out to post my latest sales it been a busy weekend for Art In Wax which is great it’s been a very encouraging start to the year :slight_smile:

Today I painted these alstroemeria flowers in wax, ACEO size, I did a sketch yesterday of the flowers my sister brought me last week so today thought I’d have a go in wax.

2 Likes

Thank you Margaret, I am fine…hubby still not very well though.
Lovely work everyone.
I had a brilliant day yesterday, sold 10 paintings…one was on here…which was great.
Hope everyone is well.

4 Likes

That’s awesome Brenda! I know you sell regularly and so don’t tell us every time, so it’s nice to hear that the sales fairy is still favouring you.

My sales have been quite international this month with several going off to Canada, and today one going to the Netherlands.

2 Likes

Sounds good … Great to hear sales are going well for you and Brenda @teabreaks too . I sent a mini to the Netherlands this weekend too, interestingly it seems to cost the same amount roughly to send to Europe Airmail as it does to send within the UK for the size I’ve been sending lol

2 Likes

Pretty flowers Hazel. Are you still using your elegant writer pen for sketching? I haven’t used mine for quite some time.