Art Chat - June

Good morning all, lovely day here down in the Medway valley, just hope it stays like it! :smile:

Love your sunset river painting Brendaā€¦

I have two picture Iā€™ve just listed for today, both with a nice summery feel>

Morning all.
Great pictures Trevorā€¦cheers me up after yesterdayā€™s awful weather here in Wales.
Did anyone else watch the programme on the RA art exhibition last night?
I loved Rose Hilton, the 85 year old lady who turned up at the exhibition in what looked like a grey ā€œonesieā€ā€¦go girlā€¦she outshone Grayson Perry in his candy floss nettingā€¦lolā€¦
I loved her humour and the way she still painted and didnā€™t look anything like her age.
I was also amused by the lady, who sadly didnā€™t get in to the exhibition, who said that she learnt to draw by drawing round figures in her Bunty comicā€¦now THAT made me sit up because during the week when I was out with my cousin, I said the self same thingā€¦yes I learnt to draw by drawing around figures in MY Bunty comicā€¦what a coincidence !!!..
Back later with a listingā€¦

Yes I did Brenda. I enjoyed watching Rose Hilton too, she teaches courses in Cornwall, I am tempted. I felt sorry that the woman whose painting of sisters didnā€™t get in. Iā€™d have chosen that one.

she was such an inspiration Tessaā€¦And I am SO glad that NOW is her time !
my listing for today is postcard size.

Iā€™ll have to watch that on catch up sometime next week when things calm down.

Meanwhileā€¦When I asked my facebook followers what I should do next in my series of ā€˜at the beachā€™ paintings, things took a rather quirky turn!

Hello! Iā€™m Rinn. Very like work with leather and painting on leather. In this month I work on bracelets with hand painting. Like this

1 Like

Hi Rinn, welcome to the thread, thatā€™s lovely and very unusual.

Stephie, I love your snowman on the beach! Very quirky and great fun!

Very wintry scene Brenda, almost makes me look forward to winter

Fab sunset and flowers Trevor.

Iā€™m off work tomorrow, car is in for service and itā€™s first MOT, so a day in the garden for me :smile:

Good morning, waving hi to everyone. We all love art and the more people that engage and share the better! there used to be a ā€˜galleryā€™ type thread to just show art (no chat) but Iā€™ve not seen it for a while and noticed this morning that Folksy has an artist as a featured seller which is great news!.

Iā€™ve had a busy few days home stuff but also managed to make a batch of new pendants ready for next weeks exhibition I have a glass cabinet and wall space this time around so will be showing (and selling hopefully!) paintings and jewellery. I have also done some painting a commission and two others plus lots of abstract ink art for coasters.

Lovely work everyone, back later to show some work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good idea, Iā€™ll go and have a look at your thread, the more ways we can find to get people interested in art the better.

Yes this thread has been going for several years now, itā€™s quite an achievement really :slight_smile:

I think with this thread it helps that weā€™re all genuinely friends and like to keep up with each otherā€™s news. Itā€™s not just a thread just about promoting and selling, but showing each other what weā€™ve been working on.

2 Likes

Hi all. I am now back from my holiday.

Here is my listing for todayā€¦

https://folksy.com/items/6674668-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Rose-Impression-Painting-008-

Good afternoon all, finally the sunā€™s got here -it was so cold this morning we even put the heating back on for a while!

New listing from me for today, this oneā€™s an ACEO and I rather like itā€¦ but then, if I didnā€™t like it, Iā€™d be doing something wrongā€¦! :smiley: It is nice to see this topic used, and nice to see such varied pieces of work too.

1 Like

my listing for today

1 Like

Good griefā€¦I know I am late coming here today but so much to look at and say.
Firstly welcome to Rinnā€¦just jump in and chat, we are a very friendly lot and yes the thread has been going for a few years nowā€¦I started it back at least 4 years ago, if not longer and it has been running ever since.
Welcome back from your holiday Kellyā€¦my peace is shatteredā€¦(ha ha)
Lovely work, Rinn, Trev, Kelly and Stephie
Waving Margaret and Maxā€¦hope I havenā€™t missed anyoneā€¦
I will investigate yours shops more laterā€¦but have a busy afternoonā€¦
keep paintingā€¦

Hello Everyone,

Off busy for a couple of days & i miss loadsā€¦thanks for the comments about my wee quick sketch. :smile:

Margaret @Louisa15 iā€™ve seen your painting from your art classes and you can defiantly draw! Like everything the more practice you gain the more you learn and the more it grows your confidence.

Brenda @teabreaks i think i will doing some more nature studies & sketches when i have time so will add some purple ones in especially for you :wink:

Thanks Matt @MattUnderwood ā€¦fabulous beeā€™s! Iā€™ve just been photographing lots of different types for my #30DaysWild challenge, must admit i love them too.

Steph @StephanieGuy i feel for your youngsters with exams, i use to hate doing them. Iā€™m still going strong with my #30DaysWild though some days are easier then others, i hope to do more with it next year.

Big hello to Rinn @ArtFox nice to meet you ā€¦will check out you shop later.

I will pop on some art later when iā€™m hooked up to my external hard drive but for now a couple of picā€™s i took this morn on my way to yoga of this wee guy

A gorgeously inquisitive Little Owl!!! First time iā€™ve seen a wild one of these so iā€™ve a wee bit chuffed :smiley:

Have a fab day all
J x

1 Like

Welcome home Kelly :slight_smile:

Go for it Stevie, Iā€™d be interested to follow your thread. I donā€™t do graphite myself so it will be interesting for me.

fab work from everyone, my fave is Trevorā€™s English landscape, gorgeous colours.

Jackie they are sweet owls! I missed yoga today and itā€™s finished for the summer now so Iā€™ll have to discipline myself to do some on my own at home. Iā€™ve only been going a short time and my flexibility has improved already so I canā€™t stop now.

Waving to everyone :raising_hand:

Almost finished this

2 Likes

Afternoon all, thatā€™s looking great Stephie, lovely to see others work on tiles too ;). That is gorgeous Trevor. Welcome back Kelly, beautiful Rose :). Wow that owl is gorgeous @cheekymonkeystudio, Iā€™ve only ever see an owl in the wild in the evening too dark to take pics. Commission is finished but as itā€™s going to be a gift I didnā€™t want to show here so if you want to see it youā€™ll have to pop across to the shop :smile:

2 Likes

Evening folks, good news, my car passed itā€™s first MOT with ease! Had a great day out in the garden whilst I was carless.

Thanks for the compliment Jackie, love your cute owl.

Fab work Stephie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good morning, off to Llanelli today, which means 3 hours driving and probably back ache tomorrow :(! still itā€™s a day out lol!.

I made a batch of ink art coasters over the weekend just thought I would show one today

1 Like

Morning Maxā€¦great coaster(s)
morning all.
Looks like being a nice dayā€¦
Hope your drive is ok Maxā€¦wave as you go past !!
Here is my listing for today

1 Like