Art Chat - June

Happy June everyone, this is the place to show and chat about Art of all kinds, everyone is welcome and we love to see new faces so come on and join in the chatter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good morning, waving hi to everyone, your Cat is coming along nicely Margaret, looking forward to seeing your work progress, my garden has halted for a bit trying to make sure I donā€™t overdo things for my back, I have though bought a beautiful climing rose and was planning to make a trellis and plant it today but itā€™s been raining here again so may need to wait a few days.

Just listed this, one of my paintings in a resin bezel, loving using these images, I have one more idea for them to try on notebooks next :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Iā€™m sorry Iā€™ve been absent for so long. Itā€™s been a while. Iā€™ve been busier than usual with commissions and away on holiday. It would be good to share images of my recent work, including work-in-progress images. But not always possible. Will need to get permissions from clients. Iā€™ll look in as often as I can ā€¦ Iā€™ve missed being in touch.

Lovely wee bird Max @paperchainsandbeads

2 Likes

Hi Bee @StudioBeeArt good to see you back!
Lovely wren @paperchainsandbeads

Something from the garden
https://folksy.com/items/6667921-Columbines-by-Matt-Underwood

4 Likes

Happy June everyone.
Now that Kelly is on her way to the US, I am having a few ā€œLie insā€ā€¦so a bit late on here today.
Starting off with sayingā€¦great work everyoneā€¦
and adding a touch of purpleness to start the month.

3 Likes

What lovely artwork :slight_smile: I think Mattā€™s columbines are my fave today.

Welcome to June, itā€™s absolutely howling outside - hubs has just gone out to re-tie our cordoned fruit trees and boy am I glad he said it was a one person job!

I donā€™t have anything new to show, I need to take some photos and itā€™s too dark right now. Iā€™ve had a flurry of mini pet portraits to do which is lovely, I do enjoy doing themā€¦although one of the cats that I have been painting met a sad end - he was poisoned by antifreeze. Who would do such a thing? I just donā€™t get it. I know cats can be annoying when they deposit in your garden but a good sprinkle of cheap orange squash will deter them. Thereā€™s really no need to poison them - I hope the perpetrators are caught and prosecuted.

1 Like

Thatā€™s terrible Stephie, I could never poison a cat or anything else. How upsetting for the owners.

Itā€™s howling outside here too, glad to be inside and cosy.

Beautiful columbines Matt, very pretty indeed.

Love the birdie bracelet Max, very inventive

Waving Bee and Brenda :smile:

3 Likes

what a terrible and cruel thing for someone to do to an animal, Iā€™ll never understand some people. Itā€™s dreadfully windy and wet here today we have an amber warning for winds 50-60 mph, I have everything crossed that the old neighbours tree does not get blown over, or if it does not in our garden at any rate! :(.

I entered the United by Art Challenge this month painted this owl, will be including in the exhibition at the end of this month

2 Likes

Hi Steph! So good to hear the ACEO portraits are going well :smiley: Iā€™m not surpriseā€¦ they are lovely!

Horrible end for the cat you mentioned. I heard recently that this was happening a lot because people were putting anti-freeze in bird water baths in their gardens to stop it freezing in the winter. Some people just do not think of the harm theyā€™re doing. Eeejits!
Bee

Good grief theyā€™ll be killing the birds too! This is the second cat that theyā€™ve rescued and lost to antifreeze poisoning, itā€™s so sad.

Max that owl is gorgeous!

Iā€™m finishing off a pet portrait and proof reading my next mini mag article today, itā€™s Van Goghā€™s Wheatfields with Cypress Trees. Then Iā€™m going for a walk with a friend later, I hope it stops raining by then! The forecast is sunshine with 50mph winds so I think weā€™ll be doing a low level walk - weā€™d get blown away if we went across the farmersā€™ fields!

2 Likes

I had to put the heating on this morningā€¦colder than in the winterā€¦we had about 10 minutes of sunshine earlier but now it is back to high winds.
Lovely painting Maxā€¦your bird paintings are awesome.
Waving to everyone.
This is the watercolour painting I did yesterdayā€¦

4 Likes

Nice work, I esp like the little wren Max.
Here is my string pic ( hoping this link works)

Ooh your poppies are gorgeous Tessa. Love the flowers Brenda and the painting looks great in a mount. waving hi to everyone :wave:

Fantastic poppies Tessa, absolutely brilliant!

Gorgeous owl Max, love the background too.

Pretty flowers Brenda, the mount makes them look even better.

Itā€™s so frustrating not being able to come on here during the day but at least I can catch up at night :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good morning waving hi to everyone :wave:. Well the weather is much better today, popping up to see my step Mum after work and hoping to go for a walk down to the Pier in Penarth and my Daughter is back from Abu Dhabi today so may not get back here later on, enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing.

A necklace today with the Heron

2 Likes

Lovely work everyone ā€¦

Iā€™ve been away for a few days to Yorkshire, it was cold and wet some of the time but we had a lovely time seeing some of the places I used to visit as a child as my Mum was from ā€œup northā€.

Came back with a cold :frowning: ā€¦ But that wonā€™t stop me painting Iā€™m in withdrawal lol

1 Like

Good morning gang, what a change in the weather! Thermals are away againā€¦for nowā€¦

Lovely flowers Brenda. Those mounts look great, would you mind sharing where they came from? They have more width than the ones I get from The Range.

Fab use of the string Tessa! Iā€™ll write a blog post on it at some point this month, might not be this week as I suddenly seem to have a lot to say lol.

I love the way you make your paintings work for you Max, I really should get better at that. whatā€™s your opinion on all the different resins that are around? Iā€™m thinking of getting some for my new mixed media paintings - pebeoā€™s glazing resin is top of my list so far.

Waving Margaret. Yes itā€™s a shame youā€™re not able to pop in at work anymore - are you very busy all the time since the move?

I finally finished the apple blossom that I started when it was actually in blossom - it seems like such a long time ago now. A big thankyou to everyone who encouraged me over on fb to keep going :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s gorgeous Stephie. I have tried a few and settled on crystal resin, itā€™s a 2 part mix so I make up as batches, what I like best about it is if you get an air bubble you can ā€˜popā€™ with a pin whilst still wet, but also if dry you can pop and add a drop more resin next time and it all blends in invisible, but be warned it can be messy pouring!

Waving hi Hazel

1 Like

Hi Max :slight_smile:

Stephie that is wonderful. I think itā€™s my most favourite of all your work :slight_smile:

I hope it is OK to put the link here but I donā€™t think it takes trade away from any Folksy seller.
This is the size I bought Stephieā€¦but this company does every size imaginable and every colour you can think of. The price is amazing and the delivery was super quick too

Oddly enough I showed the latest folksy listing on facebook and someone came on and told me that it would look much better WITHOUT a mountā€¦lolā€¦canā€™t win can you ?
I highly recommend the mount companyā€¦they are extremely helpful.
Hope everyone is wellā€¦the sun is shining at lastā€¦I will be back shortly with a listingā€¦
waving to everyone (Great work Max and Stephie)