Art Chat - June

OK…back now…fab work…hope you have all had a lovely day…I still have to do my listing for today…sigh…where does the time go?..better get organized…
Here is my listing at last…

2 Likes

That’s interesting Brenda. I sent a package over seas the other day and they stuck a sticker on. I just checked the post office website and it says ask the post office for blue stickers or write on the package.

I just had a sale here with my offer :slight_smile:

1 Like

hazel…I thought that it was very odd but the lady behind the counter told me that they no longer had them as they were not going to use them any more. I asked if I should write on the envelope and she said that I could if I wanted to but it wasn’t necessary as everything went by airmail anyway.
I wish they Post office/Royal Mail would get their act together and make decisions…across the board.
I am even more confused now…lol…doesn’t take much.
I think I will start a thread to see what other people say…could be fun…

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency with these things Brenda !!!

Here’s the link to the post office page where it says about it http://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/international/standard

Evening everyone, or should that be goodnight? It’s certainly past my bedtime! Just popping in to say hello, love all the artwork on display - especially Jackie’s hearts @cheekymonkeystudio. I really admire design work, it’s something that I find difficult.

Brenda I’ve replied on your other thread.

1 Like

Morning just popped by to catch up with everyones lovely artworks and say hi before off to work. Have a fab day everyone :slight_smile:

Morning everyone,

Thank you ever so much for your lovely comments & feedback about my flower heart :blush: …i’ve got more of them so i’ll pop some on mugs without the squirrels. :smile:

@StephanieGuy i love design work it’s something i’ve done since studying at college years ago it’s just evolved on. I use to do retail interior design & stylist work for House of Fraser & Homebase before i injured my back. I still do a bit of logo design, brand presence & website design consultation work for companies when i have time too, recently finished some design work for local dental company.

Brenda @teabreaks i send stuff regularly to family in NZ & Australia my post office sometime puts airmail stickers on & other times they don’t but mine all still get there, i understand they do still send some parcels by ship too if you request it but it does take way longer even if it is cheaper.

A little something different from me today…a wee wild 10min sketch at tea break time in the garden for my #30DaysWild challenge

Have a fabulously wild day everyone
J x

1 Like

Love the sketch Jackie, I wish I could draw but don’t seem to have the patience (or skill!) to do it.

Jac, that is stunning…(needs to add the purple though…I am a purple addict !!)…purple pencil perhaps?
Kelly is back tomorrow but will probably be sleeping until Monday…
I have to pick her up at the bus station at 1pm (ish) tomorrow.
Here are some flowers that I painted yesterday

1 Like

Lovely drawing @cheekymonkeystudio
@StephanieGuy really like your cat portraits, beautifully done and presented.

I’ve just finished this, not sure if people love bees but I do.

https://folksy.com/items/6673195-Fanning-the-hive-by-Matt-Underwood

1 Like

https://folksy.com/items/6673207-Autumn-by-the-Lake-Acrylic-painting-on-box-canvas-by-Pamela-J-West

2 Likes

Great work Matt and Pam…
I love bees…(as long as they don’t sting me) Hubby will pick them up in his hands and has never been stung!

1 Like

evening all, well the threatned weather not arrived yet but it’s still forecast, probably keep us awake all night. That holiday flew by Brenda!

lovely work today especially Matts bees, love bees, birds and butterflies :smile:

received a commission today for a heron miniature so well chuffed!

2 Likes

ooh celebration time!

2 Likes

well done Max…still no rain here but it is becoming a bit grey outside…

Good morning, dropping by before the rest of the house wakes up and chaos descends again…

Jackie it’s interesting to hear your back story. Your sketch is fab. I haven’t done much with the #30dayswild challenge except be mindful whilst outside. It’s not a good month with monstrous A level pressure in our house - our youngsters are put under far too much pressure to perform, I don’t remember it being this bad when I was doing them.

Margaret of course you can draw, you’ve done some beautiful work in the past!

Welcome home Kelly :smile:

Lovely forget-me-nots Brenda, they’re not easy to paint.

Thanks Matt :blush: I love bees, yours are great.

Waving Pam, fab autumnal colours, really delicate painting.

Morning Max, congrats on your commission and good luck with your sale!

I’ve just listed this black labrador

2 Likes

Good morning all, dull grey overcast sort of day here, but at least it’s mild and dry… nice little storm last nights kept all my plants happy - me too as I didn’t have to go and water them! here’s the first of a few items I’ll be listing today, another of my coastal art pictures - I do so like the sea…

1 Like

Kelly isn’t home yet…her flight was delayed by 2 hours and she missed the coach from Heathrow, so is having to take a later one…I hope to pick her up later this afternoon.
Lovely labrador Stephie…glad you like the “Forget me knots”…I have no specific name for them…I didn’t copy anything or aim to…you know me…I just splodge and see what happens…if they look like a particular flower, then that is good :wink:
Nice picture Trevor…oh look a blue sky !!!
I’ll be back tonight with my listing…
I personally think that all exams should be banned and pupils should be marked on the work and effort that they put in at school…apart from the fact that some people have photographic minds and can replicate things and yet NOT know what they are talking about…it would make students behave better in class. I have a “butterfly brain” and so although I might know what I am talking about and can SHOW you, if I try to write it down my pen runs away with what it is doing and my brain is focussing on something else. I feel sorry for the kids today…too much focus on academic things. (my opinion…lol)

1 Like

Here is my listing for today

2 Likes

Fab work everyone, well done Max. Love the sunset Brenda.
Hope the exam stress doesn’t get you down too much Stephie.