Art Chat Thread July 2019

Hi Deborah!

I love this little rat! I have a very soft spot for them - they are such bright intelligent chaps. Even the one who took up temporary residence in the next door neightbour’s flat roof made me smile when I spotted him sitting in his hole wrinkling his nose as I came up the garden path sniffing my supper. Unfortunately that wasn’t a great place for him to live so he had to be evicted.

1 Like

Aw, Helen, I know. I love how busy they are, and I love their little feet. They are, however, prolific breeders, so, no, it’s not ideal having them reside inside your building.

1 Like

Say hello to Daisy, finished her this morning, watercolour on hot pressed paper.

5 Likes

Love her! I never tried the hot press paper. I must say I love a bit of rough texture!

1 Like

Aww yay more rats! When I came back to Folksy last year there were hardly any rat items on here, it’s good to see a few more popping up than just mine.

2 Likes

I just did a search and there are lots of really cute rat Items!! Wonder if it’s a bit offbeat to suggest to Camilla @folksycontent as a Theme of the Day or even a Gift Guide?

1 Like

When I was making suggestions earlier in the year for “year of the pig” I did excitedly notice it’ll be rat next year, so if not before we should definitely get it then :smile:

1 Like

I have to say, rats are cute, even when I see them pinching some bird food. :slight_smile:

This is my latest card design ready for printing, sorry about the naff photo as it was taken on my phone;

5 Likes

Hi all, sorry I haven’t been by for a while, been playing catch up with so many different things. :crazy_face:
I have been popping by and reading posts from time to time though.
In response to above posts, I too like rats and it would be nice to see more of them! A friend of mine used to keep them as pets and they were lovely x
Lovely pieces everyone, I am finally able to add one to the mix, although I am not completely sure whether to list it in my shop as a print/card or what? Ideas would be welcomed :blush:
I had wanted to post this image a while back although I wasn’t sure how, but thanks to Kim @konyskiw leaving a helpful comment, I am now able to share…

Sorry for the long message and thanks for looking x

5 Likes

What a lovely picce - why not do both? in fact - make cards from it, sell prints and offer the original.Three different products, at three difference price points, for the effort of one painting.Someone might buy the card and like it so much they buy the original (that’s my thinking, anyway - so far it hasn’t actually worked that way for me, I haven’t sold an original here, but I also think it show people the relative value of prints vs originals too)

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m blowing my own trumpet this morning as I’m so excited, I recieved my copy of the catalogue from the Twitter Art Exibition which was held in Edinburgh this year. Which was picked as a Curator’s choice. :blush:

5 Likes

That’s brilliant! How exciting! Blow that trumpet as loud as you can, I would!!:trumpet:

Awesome! Well done and well deserved Tina

Thank you Helen,
I did consider offering cards and prints, but hadn’t really considered selling the original.
I will probably get onto the prints and cards idea though, thanks for the advice :blush:

1 Like

That is really great Tina, I would be very proud of that, your work is beautiful. :wink:

Looking forward to following this thread! I’ve listed some galaxy painting prints on my Folksy shop! https://folksy.com/items/7268765-A5-GALAXY-PRINT-green

2 Likes

I am back from Scotland and lovely to see so many people joining in…
Welcome Deborah and Rachel…
I will be back later with a listing and doing my daily listing starting later.
Great work everyone…keep them coming.xxx

an aceo for today
https://folksy.com/items/7297976-floral-garden-butterfly-aceo-original-art-ref-F-853-

1 Like

morning all…today I have a 7x5 acrylic abstract
https://folksy.com/items/7298083-original-art-abstract-acrylic-painting-ref-F-854-

3 Likes

Hi everyone, lovely work. Nice to see you back Brenda :slight_smile:

My new design has now been printed on cards, gift tags etc.
https://folksy.com/items/7298160-Blank-Ecofriendly-card-Butterfly-Rose

3 Likes