September Art Chat thread. 2019

Here is the place to show and chat about anything art related.
Please keep the items art related as there are plenty of other threads for those that are not art.

starting the new month with a hand painted card
https://folksy.com/items/7317908-hand-painted-original-greetings-card-ref-F-921-

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Sue and recently opened my shop having closed it, I am so pleased to be back, folksy and all you members are social and friendly and so encouraging.
I thought it was a good idea of Chris who encouraged me to join in with the Art Chat, I started painting 10 yrs ago being House bound a lot with on going chronic health, I have Hashimotoes disease, Asthma and M.E, I had to do something before I went stir crazy, being in the home is not me, I am an out going people person, I love being around the hub of life. I’ve also learnt to sew and do other craft work.
I have been married for 47 yrs to John we have two children and one Granddaughter.
I mostly positive person, negative thought is a waste of time, I love and enjoy seeing other people’s crafts, there is so much talent here on folksy isn’t there.

Please say hello and tell me a little about your self. Enjoy your Sunday

3 Likes

welcome Sue…great to see you on here too.
I started the art chat thread many years ago now and sometimes it is a bit slow, so pop in as often as you can and please encourage others to join us.
You don’t have to necessarily show something that you have listed…any art related items are fine…works in progress etc…all welcomed…
You can even chat about your art if you want…xx
(Sending you healing hugs too)
I don’t go out much , but that is because I don’t really know where to go (lol) I sold my car three years ago and the buses here are few and far between, so I tend to do my shopping online and sit indoors painting.
Mind you, I DO have a fabulous view across Swansea Bay and I can see the houses in Ilfracombe in Devon (when it is a clear day)…
Also note that I try not to make individual comments on people’s work as I worry about leaving people out and upsetting them, so I won’t comment unless someone specifically asks me to…(had a bad few weeks on the other thread over that, so I am keeping quiet now) But I DO look and admire everyone’s work. We are all talented and all like different things.x

Welcome Sue @suebeacham. I was admiring the bathing costume lady in your shop yesterday, glad to see it here. So sorry to hear about your difficulties, but your positive outlook has put you on a firmly creative path, which is wonderful.
I have been painting since I was at school but it has been on the back burner in recent years due to other commitments. Now the mortgage is paid off, I can commit more time to it (though still have a day job unfortunately, even though I’ve reduced my hours).
I took some professional tuition in watercolour a couple of years ago after previously using oils. Watercolour is now my preferred (and usually only)medium. No more turps or paintings taking six months to dry!
I live in a little market town in Cornwall with my partner Andy and my cat Toby.
I’ve just produced this card from one of my tractor paintings.

4 Likes

Hi Chris, its lovely to get to know you more, you are a very talented artist, I love your work, I haven’t had any lessons like your self, I’m self taught but I do learn from others by studying their work, I have friends who also love to paint I watch them and learn.
How lovely to live in Devon, such lovely scenery your way to inspire you, I love the tractor painting.
Thanks for your support Chris I really appreciate it, I will continue to promote your work.
Have a great Sunday

Sue

Lovely to hear from you Brenda, it is good to be back on Folksy, I’ve always thought ones to be friendly on here like your self. I like to say positive things and up building comments to my online friends on their work or anything else.
So you live in Wales that’s great, you like Chris live with beautiful views, that’s lovely, I love your art Brenda and enjoy seeing it, I’m off now to eat lunch, see you around soon

Sue x

1 Like

Hello everyone, welcome to September, possibly my favorite time of year now it’s a tad cooler but still lovely and sunny. Then again, I’ve just finished my project for last month, another coloured pencil picture of fallen leaves. This is 4th in the set, and I’m going to stop now. I’ll try them in some exhibitions before listing them here, but they are definately next in the queue for greetings cards.

Fallen Leaves #4
Coloured pencil
20x20cm (8x8 inches)

9 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Heather and my shop is @leavalleyart I had a shop on Folksy years ago shortly after it started. I made three sales quite quickly and then none at all for a few months which is when I closed the shop. So moving on about a decade later I decided to have another go and here I am. I’ve been very quiet since my return but hopefully now I will be listing my work more regularly and joining in the forums too.

I studied graphic design at Bath Academy of Art in the mid seventies and worked as a designer for around 35 years mostly freelancing. I was never devoted to the rigours of precise typography and always wanted to develop my fine art which I am doing now. I am married to Graham, a retired university lecturer and we live in Hackney, east London.

2 Likes

Hi Sue @suebeacham welcome back, and hello to everyone on chat. My name is Helen, I have been on Folksy for a few months now and recently signed up for Folksy plus. This is my first time on Art Chat. I have been on daily listing, still finding my way round, everyone is really friendly and helpful.
I have been painting for about 14 years, started in 2005 after I was given a watercolour set. Acrylics are now my favourite medium mainly abstracts although I still dabble with watercolour and oils. I have just completed a 20 x 40 inch oil seascape after my daughter went ton Tintagel and took some lovely photographs. Once it has dried I will post it on Folksy. Still work full time unfortunately so can only paint when I get free time.

2 Likes

Morning everyone,

I’ve just listed my latest ACEO. This is number four and there are 10 in this collection. I hope you all have a good start to your week.

1 Like

HI everyone, happy September :slight_smile:

I’ve listed my new ‘Children’s Fancy Dress’ Christmas card collection, here’s my Christmas Cracker;
https://folksy.com/items/7317745-Christmas-Card-eco-Christmas-Cracker-

3 Likes

great to see so many old faces back on here and welcome to the newbies too…let’s get this thread back up and running like it used to be, …there are plenty of us here.
I have invited Ken to join us…(he has just posted on the forums as a newbie)

If you see any other artists, please invite them to join us on here.
You can show any art, it doesn’t have to be listed on folksy…and you can also discuss art too…
Some fab work from everyone.
Today I have one of my cartoon cards, ready for Halloween…tomorrow it will be an aceo watercolour…
https://folksy.com/items/7317891-hand-painted-cartoon-witch-Halloween-blank-card-ref-f-920-

3 Likes

Good morning! I am looking forward to day off tomorrow to finish an acrylic abstract that I have been working on

also used my oil paints for the first time last week and it is now drying nicely. It is my take on a photo my daughter took when she was on holiday in Tintagel, Cornwall.

1 Like

Good Morning

not a painting but two hat brooches at £6.95 receive the other two free, its a promotion just for today, 4 brooches for £6.95, they will make lovely gifts

SUEx:

2 Likes

today, I have an aceo watercolour
https://folksy.com/items/7319349-original-art-aceo-landscape-ref-F-922-

3 Likes

Hi everyone, lovely to see some new faces with lots of different art styles and medium. I will have a good look at all the newcomers shops.

This a new listing for me, inspired by the butterflies before they disappear as it has suddenly got a bit chilly.

4 Likes

One of these cards has sold before I had chance to post it here. This is from my pen and wash original of Polruan, Cornwall.

4 Likes

Hi Helen @HRNicholsonart. Gosh you can turn your hand to a wide variety of subjects! I think many of us have a ‘Day Job’ as well as our crafting/art side - though it does make time management more difficult, I think it can give some balance to life too.

2 Likes

Really cute hats, @suebeacham - I bet these are snapped up!

1 Like