Beetles and Insects - Don’t you just love them?

I love Beetles and Insects, the variety of beautiful colours and all their different shapes and sizes. I love to draw them and have created a range of cards and prints from Bristol Museums Collection. Do you love beetles and insects too? Have they inspired your creativity? Please share your creations.
Here’s my set of cards inspired by beetles.

5 Likes

Hi Sophie. your cards are lovely. I agree insects can be very pretty!
I’ve been doing some macro photography and it really shows the beauty of insects that you might not expect.

2 Likes

I love insects too! I’ve just finished this piece of hoop art, hopefully I will add it to my shop soon.

2 Likes

dung beetle has some advice …

3 Likes

Im making myself a dress with beetles on it.

4 Likes

Oh wow. That’s going to look great. I love the fabric you are using.

Oh, that’s such a fab brooch!

1 Like

That’s lovely!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Your cards look brilliant.

thanks so much -x-

1 Like

Soon to be added. A very pretty insect!

5 Likes

Beautiful. I love butterflies, especially blue ones!

1 Like

Hi Sophie - great cards! It’s funny seeing your inspiration as, years ago I taught Art in a Bristol school and the film ‘A Bug’s Life’ had just been released. The pupils loved it! The Bristol Museum kindly lent me a lot of insect specimens. With Year 7 kids we looked at Kafka’s ‘Metamorphosis’ about turning into a bug and the kids made their self-portraits with insect features. They took home some pretty scary masks. Yeah ok, I was the weird Art teacher, I admit it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you.

I have a few cards & photographs listed in my shop that I have taken of small wildlife creatures! Sometimes I get lucky with the right shot & lighting, but I also have many that don’t make into the final cut!

2 Likes

My favourite insects are butterflies

3 Likes

a bumblebee and a motivational glow-worm …

3 Likes

A buzzy bumble bee

https://folksy.com/items/7081058-Bumble-Bee-tote-bag-in-lilac-with-applique-Bumble-bee

4 Likes

Oh wow. Bristol Museum are great. So helpful! You sound like a brilliant art teacher too.

Beautiful photos. I’ve tried capturing insects on camera but it’s so hard, especially the busy bees!