Coronavirus Covid-19 advice

Might not be practical for everyone but I’ve put a plastic crate outside my door marked ‘parcels’ for deliveries and courier pick up - I’m in most of the time so can keep an eye on it. My main worry is my 84 year old parents who live at the other end of the country - been ordering supermarket deliveries for them but is a bit of a gamble at to what’ll be in stock on the delivery date. I posted them some anti-bac wipes as there were none where they are - kinda backfired tho when the postman knocked on the door with them (now trying to get them to also put a box out for deliveries). Also occurs to me that they should probably use one of the wipes to wipe the wipes packet! I think that a lot of people will be watching the pennies and some will be flat out doing essential jobs to help keep the rest of us going and healthy (thank you). We might find however that when the majority are no longer worrying about the essentials and have the reassurance of ready access to loo roll (for me milk and tea bags!), we’ll all start to get used to the new normal. Could result in a lot of very bored people spending a lot of time online with no other way of shopping (my ex work colleagues are already getting very twitchy working from home) - this could actually be an opportunity to convert more people to becoming Folksy shoppers. Take care all x

1 Like