Die Cut Felt?

Hi - I am wondering if anyone has experience in using die to cut felt? I have a Grand Calibur and I hear spellbinders are the best dies for this machine. But, does anyone have experience of using a different make of die and on felt using a grand C.
Thanks, Catherine. :cat2: :dog2:

I haven’t used a Grand Calibur, but I have used Spellbinders dies to cut felt in my Big Shot machine and it worked surprisingly well. I have a lot of Spellbinders dies and although they might be a bit more expensive than others, they are good quality. It’s often worth looking on the auction site, as they are quite often cheaper on there. :slight_smile:

Thanks, auction site like ebay? x

I used to use a Sizzix Big Shot. Their ‘Bigz’ dies worked with both wool felt and acrylic.

I’m not sure about the GC though, sorry.

I have used x cut dies in a cuttlebug.

That would be the one! :wink:

I have recently got a cuttlebug and some dies, Im sure I have some felt floating about, il give things a go.

As Di says above, Cuttelbug and Xcut dies work well with felt. I tried it with cotton too and its not so good with Xcut, and didn’t even make a dent in felt or cotton with another unknown brand of dies I used.

I have used a Grand Calibur with felt in the last few days, worked really well even with a cheaper die that was a different make.

Thanks everyone for your replies I’ll give it ago and buy some dies too. Thanks x :cat2: