Do the changes work

Ive just watched the very interesting video on how to improve your seo . It was based on 1 item from a folksy shop a ceramic oval bowl .
Its a great idea to choose an item at i hope random and anylise what if anything could be improved to help sell the item .
The item has now been sold so heres my questions
Did the shop owner take the advice and change the listing description , pictures before the item was sold ?
Id love to know if they thought the advice worked . I didnt really see much evidence of their other listings being changed, though it could be a work in progress.
Ive just changed 3 of my bowl listings using the supplied advice lets see what happens

1 Like

Was the bowl sold because it featured on that video so someone saw it there and decided to buy it but didn’t find it via any SEO but just by the video :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

I remember the video (it was one of a series) but cant remember the date of it. Google regularly tweak their algorithm (and folksy changed theirs) so the advice in the video might not be up to date. Folksy are planning a webinar next month for plus account holders on how to write a description that works with the current iteration of their algorithm.

3 Likes

Just checked the webinar is 17th april - the details are on the events tab of the plus account page on your dashboard. (If youre not a plus account holder it might be worth signing up for a month so you can watch that and any of the other ones that are still available)

That was what i wondered

And that in itself is the problem , it took me half hour to tweak the 3 postings i tweaked theres some on here with hundreds of items hiw on earth are we supposed to keep up with the changes in algorythms you just finish tweaking and you have to start again !
At what point do you get time to actually create?
It can take me a whole day + on some of my pieces. I dont have time to keep up with seo changesi certainly dont earn enough to pay someone …it sends me dizzy

I say put the words and tags you are happy with. Make sure you describe one way or the other whatever a customer may be looking for. And go on from there.
Life is too short :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

CindyLouWho2 does good round up newsletters of changes to google and social media algorithms, you could then decide if an algorithm change will affect you and if there is anything you can (or want) to do about it. Cindy is a Canadian so she doesn’t cover the occasional changes tot he folksy algorithm. If you are interested in her newsletters here’s the link. https://cindylouwho-2.tumblr.com/

4 Likes