Face Masks - Looking for a Mask

Hello all,

Do any of our sellers who make Face Masks have what I need? I have been trying to find some masks that will fit me and also not make my glasses steam up. It’s so difficult, so I hope someone might be able to point me at the right stuff.

I need:

Small woman’s size mask.
3-4 layers of close-woven cotton.
Fitted style (the shell-shaped mask, not the pleated kind).
Adjustable nose wire, so I can pinch it to stop my specs getting steamed up (because I’m fed up having to wipe them constantly so I can see where I’m going!!)
Plain-ish or simple prints (I’m not really into bright purple, or skulls etc for my mask).
Matching little mask sleeve/bag a bonus but not essential.

Can anyone help?

Liz

https://folksy.com/shops/Sewtaylormadedesigns might be able to help. I bought a mask from her earlier in the year and I’ve got on well with it - it came with a little pipe cleaner nose wire and the elastic ear loops were easy to adjust to get a good fit.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have a look. X

you dun like skulls, @LizzieMade ??! :pleading_face::wink:

2 Likes

I’ve had a couple of cloth ones but can’t get on with them, can’t breath and generally find them worse than disposable variety.
As I only go out properly once a week to shop and apart from that 5 minutes a day to my very empty local post office I use disposable but have been having trouble as they just don’t fit and ride up across my eyes… especially when filling the bags at supermarket trolley. I don’t need my glasses but have been wearing them to keep the mask out of my eyes… but then my glasses steam up.
And then…
I saw a mini video on Facebook which said I was wearing it wrong… And I was … and now my facemask stays where I put it, don’t need to anchor it with my glasses and I am a very happy bunny.
I can’t find it to show you but if you are not already doing this with a disposable mask I really recommend you try it.
Quite simply tie a knot in the elastic at each side so you have a smaller constrained loop to go round your ear. Silly little adjustment I know but honestly it works so well for me I didn’t touch my mask, not once, last week when doing my Tesco shop as it stayed where i had put it.
Joy xx
PS :I am not selling disposable masks just thought this might be useful for someone else as it was for me.

2 Likes

Not on my faaaace @fionaT!!! :crazy_face: :mask:

1 Like

Thanks Joy. I do use disposable masks sometimes, but prefer the cloth ones (re-use, less waste, cost etc etc). I’ll definitely use your trick next time!

1 Like

aw but i think i look very adorable & approachable in mine @LizzieMade :rofl:

3 Likes

Ah, well now… I could just about cope with a titchy wee skullie…
(Photo of Fiona in mask please…)

Hi Liz,

I’ve sold about 300 masks with lots of reviews that say they don’t steam glasses up. My glasses don’t steam up when I wear my masks but it may come down to the type of frames you have. The nose wire definitely helps.
I advertise that the masks are two layers, but as I make them to order, it’s possible to add extra layers. I’ve also got 4 sizes available in the majority of the fabrics, and would probably suggest a small size from what you’re saying (the women’s is a medium).
There are some really pretty Japanese prints in my store, or some plain fabrics if you prefer.

Hope that helps
Liz

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation Lucy. Greatly appreciated xx

2 Likes

Hello Liz,
Thanks for the information. I will message you directly. X

1 Like