First sale on folksy. yipee

Congratulations!! I just joined myself and am crossing my fingers that my first sale won’t be too far away :slight_smile: Went out on a limb and took the Unlimited account :stuck_out_tongue: Also starting a retail shop in November- exciting! Looking for other artisans to share the space, so if anyone is keen, get in touch :slight_smile: (iheartkoreanbeauty@gmail.com)

Hello and Welcome to Folksy. I joined 4 months ago it seems like ages but in reality it’s no time at all. How exciting that you are starting a retail shop. I rent a small area in Promise Arts & Crafts, Madoc Street, Llandudno. With a bit of luck my sales will pay the rent this month. I also do Craft Fairs. Where will your shop be ? Your products look lovely, I hope you do well in all your ventures.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I LOVE your cards, they are so unique and cute! :slight_smile: Looking to start a shop in London, but haven’t confirmed exactly which part of London yet :wink: Have you had much luck with Folksy so far?

Hi, The sale in question was my first. The weekend before the sale I spent all Sunday going through my listings, filling in as many tags as I could think off. I also changed my category because having art and animals rather than relying on Quilling (which isn’t widely known) has given me a wider reach. My viewings have increased also, but of course then you start thinking why are’nt they buying?
I think it is important to have a few irons in the fire as they say, that’s why I do Craft Fairs but I HATE the early mornings. Some people do 2 days together!
Thankyou for your kind comments about my Pet Portraits, I wish you well with your retail shop, do let me know how it goes.
Regards
Janice x

Hi Janice, yes I totally agree about Craft fairs- I don’t have a car so many of them aren’t too accessible too :frowning: How long have you been doing quilling? I was given a set as a kid but sadly didn’t get round to learning the technique! :frowning:

Hi, I think probably 3 years but I have always been into crafts. I could knit before I started school, all down to Mum and Aunties. That was a long time ago these days some girls can’t knit or sew.
I got an iPad and started looking into upcycling etc. and came across quilling, got some books out of the library and so on. One of the attractions was cost. You don’t need expensive kit and if you make a mistake it’s only paper. I always pin out a design on a polystyrene block before gluing it onto a card. I have had some mistakes but, that’s how you learn. I’m intrigued by your shop name, What made you choose it?

Fantastic, here’s to many more!

Oooh I love up cycling too :slight_smile: I make a lot of jewellery (for myself, not for sale!) out of stuff like old shopping bag ribbons etc :slight_smile: Does it take you long to do your quilling patterns? Hahahah well I tried a few shop names and they were all taken so finally settled on wanderings because I like the boho ethos (as well as punk- having a bit of an identity crisis :P) and wanderings seems perfect suited to it :slight_smile: