Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - APRIL 2018

Hoping to get some new stuff finished today so I can take photos in the SUNSHINE! tomorrow.

7 Likes

Morning all,
Two sales to report please Max @MaxPringJewellery :blush:
Todayā€™s listing

10 Likes

Morning everyone.

7 Likes

Good morning all
Wet again
Glasses cases today perfect for Fathers Day
https://folksy.com/shops/valerie/collections/17041-glasses-cases

https://folksy.com/items/7087550-Glasses-case
https://folksy.com/items/7122646-Tartan-Glasses-case

Valerie x

6 Likes

New listing of a miniature watercolour painting placed inside a pendant
Clover and bumble bees

6 Likes

Thanks Sue, besides the pain, my backs scarring ripped while walking the dogs when we had them and caught on large nerves in 2006 so I havenā€™t been able to walk up slopes sinceā€¦we live at the bottom of the steep hilled village where my hubby grew up. And getting in the car now consists of double corseted and lying back, Glos was the only county that had pot holes in the 70ā€™s so you can imagine what it is like now!!! Since 97 have not been able to push anything so we have a robot Hoover but it appears to have given up, so long handled brush and pan is my best friend!!!
Must just potter for a couple of minutes at a time today and in between will be sewing!!! Thank you for all your kind wishes @MaxPringJewellery @SarahDesignsUK @BeadstormJewellery and any body I have missed,it has been a bit of a shock becoming this bad again, it had taken months of hard work to get where I had been this spring. Not giving up!!!

8 Likes

Squee Iā€™m up to number 2! (I wonder what it would take to topple Claire Gent off the top spot?) The worst effects of the cold are being kept at bay by my special wax melts from Louise @Tealiteful so fingers crossed Iā€™ll make it through my stall tomorrow (and then a day and half of invigilating Criminology resits). Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery I hope your daughters art exam goes well - half way through mine my art teacher told me she didnā€™t like my piece! Not what you want to hear but ignored her, finished it off and got the only A* for art in my school that year.
Anyway finally got round to doing some photos and its a type of fordite youā€™ve not seen before (I think this is the last ā€˜flavourā€™ that I currently have to show you but there is some allegedly Harley Davidson material waiting for me at my cousins in the states). 90ā€™s mustangs might not have been the most stylish of muscle cars but their fordite is eye catching if I get the cut right.

14 Likes

@SueTrevor @OrchardFelts will look out for counter top iron board, the work top is really wobbly now as I use flannelette sheets with a childā€™s place mat underneath!!
Well done @SashaGarrett well deserved!!
Mine today is

8 Likes

@bramleycards - think you can get them in places like Poundstretcher or B&M bargains - pretty sure thats where I got mine from.

3 Likes

Ok thank you Roz, it is the weight that judges if I can use it!!! No more than 1kg!
Any ironing this week I will have to do on the kitchen table!!

1 Like

Another journal / notebook from me today ā€¦

5 Likes

Love that fordite Sasha -itā€™s great to see it in the raw state like that, Hope your back improves soon @bramleycards, perhaps the better weather will help. On the subject of ironing, I went on strike sometime in the 80s when I found I was ironing 35 shirts every Sunday. I started paying the boys to do it, I think 20p a shirt, and they all grew up to be excellent ironers! My OH still does his own most of the time. Another pair of earrings today.

6 Likes

feel your pain Deborah, youngest is in the middle of his 5 hour photography exam after a fun easter of me nagging and him avoiding. feels like Iā€™ve done every minute too!

4 Likes

Happy bunny here. Start a new job on Thursday. Well, technically the same job but with a different company and to the same school Iā€™ve been doing for the last three years :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Good afternoon all.
Today, I have an acrylic woodland painting
https://folksy.com/items/7127757-Spring-Woodland-acrylic-art-painting-ref-F371-

4 Likes

Congratulations Carol @Knittingtopia that must be a relief :blush:
Susan @bramleycards I think mine was from Ikea, itā€™s perfect. Patricia @silverbirchstudio what a good idea, my youngest is really the only one who irons, he likes to look smart, Iā€™ve never paid any of them, Iā€™m a poor starving artist :rofl:
Congratulations Sasha @SashaGarrett on being 2nd on the best sellers list. Itā€™s one thing Iā€™d like to achieve ( being the top seller) just once, before I retire. I donā€™t think itā€™ll happen this month though, sales are virtually non existant!
Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery and Emma @Homegrownhats I really feel your pain, I worked out it must be 6 years since my daughter did her art gcse, mind you, she was a very conscientious worker, but making sure she had all the right materials was still up to me. She did art and art textiles 20 hours in total, and one was on her birthdayā€¦ not nice. Anyone who thinks art is an easy option! Then she did ā€˜Aā€™ levels, both subjects again, I canā€™t say itā€™s worth it yet, she goes into her final year next year. It will have taken 5 years since she started on the foundation, and many thousands of pounds in debt. Perhaps she should have done something easier, but you have to follow your dreams.

9 Likes

Hello everyone

Thought this looked ok for todays listing

3 Likes

@AppleQueenJewellery I too love the long days and am back out and about on my push iron again.
I may be the only person left on the planet who likes ironing. Half an hour max, with a really good hot steam iron.I love the smell, and the sound, and how it transforms fabric. When I did Theatre costume maintenance on shows, when you got to the ironing bit, you knew your work was almost done! Just had to take all those lovely clean shirts round the dressing rooms.
More Indian hand blocked from me, just so I can show last weeks jumble sale buy, this sweet straw hat.

9 Likes

Congrats Carol @Knittingtopia - does that mean youā€™ll be back with the same children?

Sue @SueTrevor, Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery and Emma @Homegrownhats - I also remember my eldest doing her Art GCSE and the amount of time it took both in preparation and exams but I was a mean mother and deterred her from doing A level which she really wanted to do. However, she was clever enough to do whatever she wanted and as her dream has always been to work in conservation and animal behaviour I suggested she should concentrate on the sciences and that doing Art would take up a considerable amount of her time just to do it because she liked it and not because she wanted to follow a career in it. She still continues to paint and has recently started making models but I think is grateful that she didnā€™t do it. My youngest showed no interest or talent in Art so didnt have to go through it with her although I do think its sad that she has no creative outlet - maybe she will be like me and take it up in later life :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you Roz. Not necessarily as the children I was with have been split onto two separate runs but they are with the taxi company Iā€™m now working for and at the same school so thereā€™s a good chance Iā€™ll see them :slight_smile:

5 Likes