Beautiful vase @junemccabe.
Lovely blanket @erkinwald.
Fantastic quilt Sue @SueTrevor so much work has gone into it
I love ponchos Brenda @teabreaks I made loads when my girls were little
Cushion covers in my sale today Just £5 each

mainddd
Valerie x

19 Likes

Can anyone see my pictures in the thumbnail pic?
Seem to have disappeared in other peoples listings too
Valerie

5 Likes

Hi Valerie - thanks for the ‘Errol Elephant’ love - must be an elephant kind of day! - loving your cushion too! The thumbnails are not showing on my screen either, maybe a Folksy problem?? x

6 Likes

No thumbnails here either.

5 Likes

A set of three lavender hearts for me. I wonder if they’ll show up.

22 Likes

I think the thumbnails are a problem, I mentioned it on here yesterday and there are more missing today. Not all of them are missing, just a few . Luckily the links seem to be working.
All faved to here x

11 Likes

@teabreaks Yes I noticed it yesterday but there seem to be more missing today. I’m sure they’ll sort it soon.
@TheCornishHare thanks for the blanket love.

I’m a member of the sleep deprived club too. It started for me when I was going through a long and nasty divorce and still had to live in the same house as my now (thankfully) ex.
I’ve tried the proper bedtime routine, no blue screen before bedtime, warm drink etc. It hasn’t been helped by being woken up at 5.00 every morning by the cat.
I’ve just started a course of ‘non drowsy’ antihistamine for my allergies and have had the best sleep in years. Not that I’d advocate drugs of course!

12 Likes

Morning all. Thanks for sorting my link @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker the best laid plans and all that. I quite often go into a mild hypnotic state whilst quietly scrolling through the daily listings…

My sister went to see a sleep therapist ,again sounds a bit hocus pocus, but I promise you she is quite a sane person! For years she’d slept badly, but sort of knew the reasons why. Over time, things and stress had gone away no need to sleep badly now, but her poor sleeping continued. She saw an NHS sleep therapist (tho she paid and saw her privately.) Its transformed her sleeping. All the usuals about diet caffeine etc but also how and what to think about during the endless night, to get up or not to get up etc. as well as a bit of "on the couch stuff "which she wasn’t expecting, but said really drove the practical part of the session. It seemed to be a way of learning how to deal with it really . Think she had 2 or 4 sessions. So, just a thought …

25 Likes

Morning all, just.
Raining here today , still… will probably head to the beach this afternoon as my dogs love it so much.

Sue @SueTrevor I empathise with your bag issues, I have a ring that started going wrong yesterday, thankfully I walked away before I completely killed it, but today I need to save it or start again, as it is a commission. Procrastinating in the house putting off facing it so far today.

Loving your ACEOs Karen @TheCornishHare, really love the badger!

24 Likes

Thanks Deborah, I do have a soft spot for him too …… maybe because he is named after my husband ! haha. I really am loving these little bits of artwork, I normally work on A3, so a bit of a challenge going so small - hopefully will have another one to show you tomorrow! Enjoy the beach, the sun is trying to shine here, but still very overcast x

9 Likes

I sympathise with you, I have picked it up, ripped out the stitches, and started sewing it up again, only to find another mistake where I have sewn the wrong side showing out! More unpicking… I hope yours is more successful. I feel so unprofessional…

9 Likes

Afternoon everyone hope you are all having a good Saturday.

I really love your animal portraits Karen @TheCornishHare especially Percy and Barry.

That cake looked lovely @konyskiw bet it tasted lovely.

It is surprising how many people suffer with mental health problems and deal with them every day. Some days it is hard motivating myself to get out of bed and have a shower and get dressed. I wish you all well again soon.

That quilt is beautiful @SueTrevor

Today I have another beaded bracelet.

21 Likes

Good afternoon

Here’s my listing for today, an everlasting primrose flowering plant.

Off to catch up on your posts and listing :blush:

20 Likes

Lovely items, been back through this morning, I am listing two items today, as I am not about tomorrow.

20 Likes

Thank You so much for sharing your story Natalie @NOfkantsCurios…I’m so in awe of anyone who can talk about it so publicly. I’ve kept my mental health problems under wraps for years, putting on my best business, happy face for my social media so that I didn’t put my customers off! If they knew I was some crazy lady…who would want to buy my work?
Anyway, I had a tough evening last night as I am having some major intrusive thoughts about who I can trust but I am trying to be more positive today! I agree about Folksy and this thread, it is so supportive and for that I really do thank you all from the bottom of my heart for not pointing and laughing :wink:
I will give that book a look June @junemccabe - thanks xxx

Be back later with a listing and to love and pin. it’s just taken me 2 hours to make 13 teeny bowls which should have only taken half that time! i just wish we had a bit more sunshine out there today!
Thanks everyone x

24 Likes

Hi everyone, mental health issues are horrible; my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering. I get some anxiety from time to time, and that is bad enough as it makes me feel absolutely wretched.
A relist from me today. A cuff bracelet in coppery colours.

21 Likes

I’ve ‘met’ loads of crafters who have various health problems. I’ve often wondered if there’s a link, crafting is a way of trying to escape for a while?
Having said that, I was knitting long before I became ill. I’ve had spinal arthritis since I was 17, chondromalacia patella for the past 8 years, hypopituitarism for the past 4 and asthma for the past 3. I also suffer depression and anxiety which is part and parcel of hypopituitarism which literally has hundreds of symptoms and is life threatening and because of this I’m steroid dependent as without them I wouldn’t be here.

I’m always happy to talk openly about my health, especially the hypopituitarism as it’s such a rare, but dangerous illness no one knows about it so I like to think I’m raising awareness. Also on this thread, I feel I’m among friends so can openly talk. I also occasionally mention it on my fb business page. Whilst I don’t think you should bombard your followers/customers with ‘I’m ill’ posts, I think the occasional ones show your human side and if I’m doing custom orders, they’re aware that at any time I might end up in a&e fighting for my life and that i haven’t just run off with their money.

17 Likes

So sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong thread, I’ve only been open a few days and I would like to showcase my quilts.
https://folksy.com/shops/fingerprickinggood/collections/278068-throws-quilts-and-cushions

8 Likes

Hope you’re all having a good weekend. My item for today - a pair of Valentine’s Day earrings in fuchsia pink jade

23 Likes

Here is the sales report for 11th January 2019, Friday. We had 45 people listing on the thread and 3 shops had a visit from the sales fairy. Yesterday we sold 11 items.

The sales were as follows

Bags 7
Accessories - fabric 1
Cards 2
Ceramics 1

The cumulatives so far:

Jewellery 37
Bags 17
Cards 15
Ceramics 12
Knits 7
Accessories textile 3
Accessories beaded 2
Accessories fabric 1
Art 1

Total 95

In the Folksy top sellers chart we have Deborah Jones (at No. 1 again), and Jennies Gems

In January 2018 we had sales of 250 - so let’s make this our target to beat once again this month, To reach this target we need roughly 8 sales per day on average.

Twenty eight shops have had a least 1 sale so far this month.

21 Likes