Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - May 2017

What a star you are Brenda @teabreaks xx

All the small people are in bed and now the dog is whining at me. Need to catch up on some work though, so he’ll have to amuse himself in the garden with the million tennis balls there are out there now… Here is a new pendant from me though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Had pretty much given up on getting here today; was commissioned to take Ethan,17 months, and his Mum and Dad ‘out somewhere,’ sub text, 'nice to eat.'
So while I was roaming around the North York Moors Railway station and sheds at Grosmont with my camera someone was buying the cockerel pendant I listed earlier this week. Can you add that to my tally Maxine @paperchainsandbeads please. And as I’m here, here’s the relist I put up by phone today.

3 Likes

We bought our sons suit from Dobell, on line, excellent quality and very good value and quick delivery. Don’t think I would have coped had he been a girl!

Kind regards,

Marie

2 Likes

I don’t remember getting my son ready for his prom! He likes to dress up anyway, I did organise the transport though, a completely restored vintage camper van, courtesy of my brother…

3 Likes

Evening All

All loved, pinned etc to here. Sue @BeadstormJewellery enjoy your Indian, I know when I was doing slimming world weigh in day was always naughty day!! :laughing:

Here’s mine for today:

Jayne xx

3 Likes

Good morning, yay happy dancing for sales Francis and Jeanie :). Ooh don’t remind me about the prom, I think my daughter grew up overnight, the whole prom thing had just started to grow and it seemed that the kids wanted a limo for every occasion lol! my son was the following year with hardly any fuss just a new suit lol!

Hope your weign in was good Sue @BeadstormJewellery I stayed the same this week but been a bit lazy with the whole monitoring, I’m blaming it on looking after the little one 2 weekends running lol! back on the salad today :slight_smile:

welcome back Valerie and Rachael, enjoy your break Patricia

Fab stones Deborah, I bought loads when we went to London, just can’t bear to part with them yet lol! very excited I finally ordered a tumbler and some mandrels and other bits and bobs this week which should be here today so lots of shiny stuff next week :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Sounds like a wonderful way to arrive.

Kind regards,

Marie

2 Likes

Another piece that matches the wedding collection, I have made a separate section for my wedding inspired goodies, including some fascinators I already had. I don’t know if this will attract a different and new type of person to my shop! Sales are dire this month. Last May in 2016 was actually my best selling on Folksy of all time! That just isn’t going to happen this May!

4 Likes

Delighted to say I am too old to have had any experience of proms for my two girls :slight_smile: plus my two eldest grand children are boys and were home educated :grinning: My eldest grand son in the States managed two proms by dating an older girl last year and then having his prom this year but all I had to do was look at the pictures on Facebook. The eldest granddaughter went to the prom this year with her older date and I guess has her own prom next year; again I am happy to leave the cost to my son and daughter-in-law :smile:
All that smiling should keep me well for the day. Getting in early with a new listing; we have an eighth birthday dinner to attend this evening.

2 Likes

Good morning all
Max @paperchainsandbeads please will you add a sale. Thanks
Another cushion today
https://folksy.com/items/7007024-Owls-Cushion-
Valerie x

3 Likes

newly listed

2 Likes

good idea re the wedding stuff. Haven’t had a look but do you do creams and beiges ?

1 Like

My daughter would have loved that :slight_smile: we’ve not got any transport sorted for our son yet either :flushed: to be honest he doesn’t seem as hyped up about Prom as his sister was.

1 Like

Well I got 145 photos taken yesterday so hopefully will have several days of new listings :smile:

2 Likes

Morning everyone
Happy Friday
Hope all prom events go well and are enjoyed!
Cameron got a navy suit for his prom and he wanted a gold tie as his friend, not girlfriend, was wearing gold/pinky colours, mind you he could’ve wore any colour to be honest as she had long pillar-box red hair😝 So nothing would’ve looked out of place, but when the pics came back the group of six he was with, they all looked lovely.

Hope weigh in went well sue. @BeadstormJewellery X
Sue @SueTrevor I done wedding stationery for thirteen years and done a lot of fairs and three day shows, and what I found helpful for ideas of trends, colours and inspiration really, was wedding cake magazines and bridal magazines, I know the cake mag sounds odd but most of the time the bride carries the theme through from her dress to the cake,stationery,accessories and table decorations.

Here’s my new one today

https://folksy.com/items/7007055-Baby-Girl-Vintage-Style-New-Baby-Card-Handmade-Personalised-

Catch up from last time later on, Steph xx

3 Likes

A slouchy summer bag is my offering this Friday.

2 Likes

Good Morning, I loved the talk of prom and lomo !!! When my husband and I had our 30th Wedding Anniversary we invited 48 couples,friend and family and hired a room called the Stables, it was all exposed beams bricks I dressed the tables in pink white decoration, table cloths and flowers, I made all the ladies lilac favors with special chocolates, my husband bought me a dress that cost £300 not counting the shoes and bag, the dress was pink very fitted in pink chiffon it had glitzy silver pink sequins all over it right down to the ankles showing off my dainty black silver shoes, we had a stretch white limo, champagne the works…my husband did this all for me because how wedding day was a bit of a disaster, wont go into that !!!
so !!! our 30th was fabulous, we didn’t go on holiday that year to pay for it, it was well worth it…Im 64 now and not the petite person I was but looking forward to our 50th in 3 years time, hopefully this will be in Scotland, bagpipes and live band, we have family that live in Edinburgh…better go before I write a book lol.

Sue x 20% off this today, use code happydiscount at the check out

https://folksy.com/items/6976793-Art-Deco-Ladies-Archival-Giclee-Print-Scenic-Shopping-Figurative-Whimsical-Art

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m returning after a 5 month break. Good to see familiar faces.
A new fused glass trinket bowl with real gold flower.

Off to do some favouriting x
Annie

6 Likes

Afternoon all,
Great hearing all the prom and party tales.
A new bracelet today.

1 Like

Annie @HeavenlyAnarchist nice to see you back :blush:
Sue @suebeacham your 30th wedding anniversary sounds amazing, hope your 50th is just as stunning!
Steph @stephshortstationery I’m not entirely sure I want to get drawn into the whole wedding thing, which is why I put ‘alternative’ wedding bouquet, I can do other colours, but I shall limit myself to finishing the colour scheme I’ve started and see where that takes me! I seem to be of a generation that simply didn’t get married, I have barely been to any weddings in my lifetime! The one or two friends and family that did, did it very quietly or later in life.
Sandra @sandranesbitt I simply can’t do cream or beige, I have tried in the past but failed miserably, but I am well known for my ‘eye for colour’ and that is what I concentrate on, so probably not the best person to be designing items for weddings.
@thatenamelguy I managed to escape the expense of the proms with my 1st two children, I don’t know if they weren’t around or if they didn’t want to go and didn’t tell me. Although the 2nd two made up for it, in our area at the time they went to 11-14 and 14 -18 schools they had them at the end of both schools, and one at the end of A levels and my son had his girlfriends to go to at a different school too! Phew, I’m so glad he could sort himself out. And I’m glad it’s all over now. Although I still have 3 in education and one searching for a job with a degree…

2 Likes