Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - November 2021

Morning all, thank you for your kind thoughts and virtual hugs.
Can I add one to the tally please Max @MaxPringJewellery
I am finding with the new layout on my iPad that the main picture is so big I am having to scroll to get to the buy button. And lots of pics now look a bit out of focus.

Arrowhead earrings

26 Likes

Hi hope it’s ok to pop another card on for yesterday…again no need to promote both xx

Thanks x

23 Likes

thank you Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker

15 Likes

Now find I can’t load the pictures from @beaniehats , @OswestryJewels , @stephshortstationery
what is going on…? really think this is the wrong time to be messing about with layouts etc.
grumble, grumble, grumble, one unhappy bunny here. :grimacing: :exploding_head:

18 Likes

Glad I am not the only one Lynn, as you said this should have been done in the New Year not before Christmas.
It is too clunky.

18 Likes

I find if I right click on the main picture and then click on ‘share’ I can find a link to Fb and Twitter among other things, but no Pinterest. But… it obviously depends on your browser. This doesn’t work for Francis @thatenamelguy. He did show me a very complicated method of getting to Pinterest, but it is so time consuming (such a faff really) that I’m afraid pinning as far as I’m concerned has become of thing of the past. I know I’m a bit of a dinosaur, but I feel as several others clearly do. Fed up.
I do see that it looks a lot better on a phone. I don’t know about other sellers, but there is no way I can manage my shop on the phone, and things have become much clumsier on the laptop from the sellers point of view. So far I have spent the whole morning trying to promote my Folksy friends’ items rather less successfully than I would like, and haven’t yet found time to even list anything of my own. Aaaaaagh!

20 Likes

Morning All :green_heart: Oh dear…the new layout :disappointed: Really makes promoting anything tricky. Fingers crossed this will be resolved.

Today I’ve listed a new painting I’ve called, “Shorewatch”. Not a day for it here…snowing! Have a fine day all.

Original Painting of a Scottish Coastline. Read… - Folksy

22 Likes

Morning,
I’ve had a bit of a dilemma about the fair I was booked on tomorrow - it’s the only ‘big’ one I had this year and it’s one that I love, with lots of regular customers but… earlier in the week my son tested positive for Covid and although I’m negative and don’t have to isolate according to the rules, I was feeling a bit uncomfortable in case I unknowingly passed it on. Anyway, this morning my sister and nephew are also positive, and we spent time with them earlier in the week so that’s swung it and I have pulled out of the fair. I just don’t want to risk passing it on. Of course there is the added bonus that I now won’t have to worry about my gazebo in the forecast 55mph winds!!

Fingers crossed for a flurry of folksy sales!!

23 Likes

Don’t get covid Mel @aquilacrafts. But it does sound a bit like an ill wind…
I have finally found time to list. It’s the last of my little Christmas bibs stitched at Goathland between customers:
Father Christmas Dribble Bib

24 Likes

Hope today’s a better one for you, Marion @WestcountryCreations
Such sad news about your friend, Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery
Stunning purples, Natalie @NOfkantsCurios
Adorable hoodie, Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn
Aww, many thanks for the book love, Steph @stephshortstationery
Your painting is a beauty, Susan @SusanBettyArt
Sorry to hear about your family and the Covid situation, Mel @Aquila.
All loved to here :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Thank you kindly Yvonne…greatly appreciated. :grinning::green_heart::grinning:

13 Likes

This made me chuckle, thanks joss x

13 Likes

Thanks Yvonne, so far nobody’s been too bad x

13 Likes

Stay safe Mel @aquilacrafts

Valerie

24 Likes

I’ve done another Christmas board to pick up a few more from here past and present and some I owe from further afield.

23 Likes

Surely the whole point is to make it easy for buyer and seller alike. The buttons going does not help self promotion which we have to do ourselves. This may work on a phone but not everyone uses a phone to buy and sell. It should be perfect over all platforms. As you said Joss if we have to spend hours promoting will not bother. Doubt if we will be listened to, as I am one of the older ones.

18 Likes

Thanks val x

13 Likes

Thanks for including my cards on your board. Much appreciated

@feelfeltfound

Carol xz

15 Likes

Im a bit late today! This morning was the usual singing, followed by a spot of Christmas shopping.

Yesterday I discovered that most of my listings had expired, but fortunately I am back up to around 150 now with lots of sale items. Heres todays garnet bracelet

22 Likes

Afternoon Everyone,

Mel @aquilacrafts what a nuisance you’ve had to cancel your fair, but you’re doing what is tight for you. I’ve come across too many people who are a bit too relaxed about it all. Hope you’re all ok.
Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery sorry to hear you’re having a rough time. Sending hugs.
I’ve found the Pintrest button, but not Twitter :roll_eyes:

It’s a cheeky relist today Of an elegant lady with dog card.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes