Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - October 2021

I really think a lot of the rogue activity is down to one person (or a small number) taking the absolute mick just because they can and they are unlikely to stop they way things work right now. Really glad you noticed and makes me wonder what else they’ve done… which is probably also what they want. I’ve got soooo many items and that one was a relatively new listing so probably would have showed on the front page and an identical one sold very recently, so they may have picked it randomly… or they are monitoring these forums and know I mentioned the very same shop. Thanks again, otherwise I may never have known X.

17 Likes

I’ve reported them too! That’s fraudulent in the extreme! Hope it soon gets taken down!

Natalie x

14 Likes

“Good grief” is very restrained Brenda, (definitely stronger is needed) - I think this is very worrying and if someone without the savvy of scams could well be taken to the cleaners.

12 Likes

I think Folksy need to make shops applied for, not just opened that at least would stop this. Re the bracelet I would send them a cease and desist message. They are committing fraud and the trading standards could get involved with this.

11 Likes

being naive…what would happen if someone clicked to buy one of the bags or cloned items?..would their money be taken and then there is an unhappy customer who might try to take action against folksy?..the ramifications are endless…sending you a pm Caroline @Caroleecrafts

10 Likes

Good Afternoon Guys,

I cannot believe the brazenness of some people! @feelfeltfound I did manage to find and report the items mentioned previously. The jacket one, is something that needs to be addressed pretty quickly because of copyright. It’s from a tv show and using the actor’s photo. Totally agree that an application process is needed. It’ll be like a cheap market at this rate.

Listing today is a miniature canvas for Christmas :blush:

22 Likes

Ah but then they’d then have my email address and suspect they’d just loooove that. They’ll have set up a load of fake gmail accounts or similar and be using other people’s addresses to set up shops so will be untraceable. They are just some eijit having a laugh to themselves, but it’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for the item to be taken down, as can’t see any excuse for delay - and suspect they are also testing how long it takes. They’ll know that if they start cloning loads of listings it’ll cause chaos so hope Folksy get on top of it soon.

I reported it just before 12 noon and marked it as urgent and it’s still there.

13 Likes

Pretty much. There was one a few weeks ago that had photos of a load of high(ish) end jewellery listed at a fraction of the retail price and suspect they’d just be taking the cash and not fulfilling orders… they maybe didn’t bank on how slow sales were at that time so doubt they sold anything at that time but is a real risk in the run up to Christmas.

14 Likes

I’ve just reported that item, saying that it had been cloned from another Folksy shop and that it wasn’t theirs to sell. Unbelievable :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

13 Likes

So shocking @feelfeltfound i will try and find and report too.

21 Likes

Here’s mine…

and here’s the clone showing up in the spam shop…

Interestingly the links look identical so not sure how that works.

The item is hardly unique and is just one of the old bracelets I found that I made years and years ago and hadn’t listed so decided to get rid but it is defo a cloned listing.

Thank you and a big thanks to those who’ve reported it already.

19 Likes

Thanks for showing which listing it was, I’ve reported it. It gives me the shivers that someone would do that. Really shocking.

16 Likes

Just popping in to report two sales Natalie @NOfkantsCurios xx

16 Likes

Thank you. Have to say I’m finding it hard to take it personally (probably cos it’s not an item I’m invested in and I’m quite good at being detached), but I know a lot of people would be really upset and I am concerned about the impact on Folksy if they ramp it up.

16 Likes

Well done Steph @stephshortstationery Lets Thursday twist again for you!

Natalie x

15 Likes

I have reported too @feelfeltfound - they will probably go through this thread and clone listings from all those that say they have reported it now!

15 Likes

Did occur to me, sorry if that happens.

Something just occurred to me about the 50p bag shop @teabreaks - they’d hardly make a lot of money and they wouldn’t get bank details as such, but what they would get are customer addresses (email address etc) which they could use to set up more shops. Wonder if that is the real purpose!.. or could just be to drive us all mad trying to work out something completely random and pointless.

My hubby doesn’t know about my cloned listing (he’d go ape and probably try to insist I stopped selling here - nae chance of that happening matey) but I did tell him there were random shops popping up and he keeps repeating ‘helpful’ financial crime phrases he’s picked up and likes the sound of such as ‘cuckoo smurfing’ and ‘Lithuanian mules’ :rofl:

18 Likes

that’s so funny - I like the sound of cuckoo smurfing :rofl:

12 Likes

while we are on the warpath and having a rant…has anyone noticed that with the tag of the day…today is tag ONE thing only…( done to stop multiple tagging , one day a month)…so how come several shops have More than one item on there…one shop , has at least 6 items…THAT idea failed then…

18 Likes

Totally failing to get my head round this rogue shops issue. Certainly appears to have significant cause for concern for us and for folksy, even if it’s a prank.
Are ‘Lithuanian mules’ something you might wear on a treadmill? :rofl:
Today another new listing

23 Likes