Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - SEPTEMBER 2017

That’s rubbish! Wonder why they changed a perfectly good formula? Hope one of the other varnishes does the job x

2 Likes

Many thanks Sue

2 Likes

I’m having a cheeky Bombay Sapphire gin & tonic while I catch up with your lovely makes.
I love Friday nights :blush:

Have a fab weekend folks

Karen x

6 Likes

Hi Sarah @SarahDesignsUK - just realised I’m left them in draft mode. Should work now thanks x

2 Likes

Sarah @SarahDesignsUK I’ve been reading the MSDS sheets for the plastikote varnish and it looks like they have changed the solvent mix in it - less acetone (lower boiling point, fast evaporating) and more white spirit (higher boiling point, slow evaporating). You should be able to access the MSDS sheets for the replacement brands online and that should have the solvent proportions - look for higher levels of acetone (or ethyl acetate) for a quicker drying varnish. I’m not sure what effect it would have on any paints that you are using but it might be worth trying to remove varnish residues using white spirit or an acetone based nail polish remover. (I do sometimes miss being in the lab, the fun of growing crystals and foams)

5 Likes

Morning All, Sarah @SarahDesignsUK, I feel your pain as I ruined a finished clock with new varnish last week so am experimentling with new ones yet again too. 6 Tray and Box orders to get on with today but sadly none of them via Folksy. Have a lovely weekend all xx

aquamarine natural 2

8 Likes

Goor morning, another necklace from me today:

6 Likes

Good morning, yay happy dancing for sales peeps. Sounds like everyone is super busy this weekend, same here several commissions and a shopping trip this afternoon so I better get a wiggle on! good luck with your fair Sue @SueTrevor. Will catch up properly later on have clicked and loved

4 Likes

Another hottie for the little men in the family,

5 Likes

Oh dear 32 posts to catch up on and dreadfully slow internet but I made it!

Karen @karenscraftybitz - border terriers are one of my favourite dogs, always wanted one but somehow ended up with a springer spaniel (do love him though)
Diane @AdienCrafts - love the colours in that necklace
Good luck with the show Sue @SueTrevor

Last of my ruffle border scarves today - blue one this time

6 Likes

Good morning everyone
A new listing today

5 Likes

Quick relist before dashing to Redcar to collect a child and her child so she can see her children.

5 Likes

Good morning. Off to London again today, this time for a ‘beekeeping experience’ followed by a beer drinking experience as the hives are at a brewery which makes honey beer! This is all thanks to a voucher that my OH was given for his birthday in March. What a lovely present! I’m planning to cover up well though! Here’s my listing for today.

7 Likes

morning all hope everyone is enjoying the weekend…
today I am doing a relisted painting to Halloween.

5 Likes

Relist today - too grey to do photos.

5 Likes

Good Morning…another Wedding heart from me - this time in green.#

5 Likes

Morning all, off go-karting for the first time later - my dad is treating us all for his 70th birthday. We have some quite competitive men in the family so I might just hang back out of the way - it could get messy!

Another bag from me today

8 Likes

Morning all!
Couldn’t make it yesterday,sorry, just had a lot on,so I’m still trying to catch up and pin whenever I can :open_mouth:
Here’s mine
https://folksy.com/items/6908296-Birthday-Card-Daughter-Printed-Patchwork-Handmade-Personalised-

X

8 Likes

Morning All another bright and cheerful but chilly day here in Oswestry.

Just off to get the knitting order completed. I am on the 3rd of 3 orders for 5-piece baby outfits that are off to France later this week.

Todays listing is a lovely pair of purple and clear crystal chandelier earrings.

5 Likes

Good afternoon all! Hope your weekend is going to plan. Here’s my listing for today. Yvonne xx

6 Likes