Folksy database upgrade at midnight tonight

In order to handle the increased traffic we’re seeing, we’ve been making a number of improvements to our database.

We have one more, big change to make in the wee hours of this coming morning that will require us to go into maintenance mode for a few hours. It’s hard to get an accurate estimate on how long the procedure will take but hopefully it won’t be longer than that.

Once this is completed, our database should be able to read and write more quickly, leading to further improvements in site speed overall during our busiest shopping period.

19 Likes

I won’t wait up to test it out! Good luck!

3 Likes

So far so good for Newton Stewart!! :wink:

Everything is whizzing along this morning!

1 Like

Blimey it’s fast :grinning::grinning::grinning: thank you :two_hearts:

1 Like

I expected you might be offline for quite a while but things were back up and running in not much more than an hour! Well done, sounds like its already making a big difference. :smiley:

Yay! It worked. Fingers crossed. We were only in maintenance mode for about an hour and the site does seem to be behaving and quicker too. Thank you for your patience and support.

Don’t know if it is anything to do with your updates but I have been struggling to add new listings this afternoon. It kept dropping out.