Folksy server/database issues

We’re currently having problems with our servers due to high demand. We’re doing our best to fix it.

ahhh that explains why I couldn’t get into my shop, the forum or the home page

Thanks for letting us know - I thought it was just me at first (rubbish with technology!)

Hope it is all sorted soon - good news about there being lots of demand! Lets hope it will mean lots of traffic to our shops.

Jacqueline x

2 Likes

Thanks hope all is sorted, great news about high demand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your patience everyone. Folksy has been stable since the early hours of this morning. Today we’ll be reviewing what went wrong so that we can make improvements to the service.

5 Likes

I’m having problems again getting onto the site - is it just me?

It’s not just you Christine. We’re having server problems again - we’re working really hard to identify why and fix it as soon as possible.

3 Likes

OK, thanks Camilla. I’ll go and do some more gardening then.

I’m also having problems listing new items … can’t get to preview the entry … sigh

Really sorry - we’ve had to put Folksy into maintenance mode. More info from Doug on Status blog:

Hi — we’re having database connectivity issues that we’re currently investigating, so have had to go into maintenance mode whilst we investigate the problem.

We’re sorry about the inconvenience, and we’ll keep you posted as we try to resolve this as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

Doug.

We’re planning to come out of Maintenance Mode shortly. Please be aware that this might only be for a short time to see how the site behaves.

1 Like

Update from Doug on Status blog:

2 Likes

Problems accessing the site again - is Doug tinkering under the bonnet again? :smile:

1 Like

Yeah I’m trying to get on too.

I’m having problems as well.

Shirley x

Sorry about this, looks like we’re having some database issues again. Doug’s on it!

Does anyone else have a mental image of Doug dressed in a super hero outfit?!

6 Likes

No…I think you’re on your own there :smile:

2 Likes