Folksy improvements & issues - Mon 1 Nov 2021

Hi Elena, we’ve just been having a look at what’s going on in your shop and it seems to be linked to an issue with the last order (a missing email address) rather than our system updates. We think we’ve put a fix in so you can now access your dashboard but would you be able to check and then email our support team so they can flag it with Doug and he can investigate further? You can email them at support@folksy.co.uk.

now it works!! Thank you so much @folksycontent :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Camilla I still can’t access my shop on my iPad. If I put Folksy into the search engine, it just comes up looking like the above and it won’t let me do anything.

Can you email our support team, Martine? Hopefully they’ll be able to get it sorted for you asap. Email support@folksy.co.uk and mark it as urgent.

I have emailed them - thanks Camilla

1 Like

Yeah - I’m back on! Doing a very happy dance!
I felt lost without my little shop :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ve noticed (I’m guessing something to do with the improvements) that if I go over the maximum character count on a product description I now see a message on the same screen telling me it’s too long - whereas before it would go to another screen with a ‘broken but beautiful’ message (which threw me when I first started uploading items but I now realise just meant I’d added too many words).

I much prefer this as it’s easier to correct the length - but the message states the max is 1500 characters, whereas I was only at 1474 characters (inc spaces between words) when it told me it was too long. It didn’t accept the description until I’d got down to 1464 characters - so I’m wondering if the allowance actually is about 1470 or something?

@PhotoFairytales The allowance is 1500, but for some reason there sometimes seems to be a discrepancy between the actual character count and what our system thinks the character count is. We suspect this is due to some devices/browsers creating certain characters in a way which is read as two characters rather than one (such as starting a new line).

We’ve added in the error message as we know just going to the broken page has confused a lot of sellers, to make it clearer you need to reduce the characters (even if it is sometimes already a little under 1500), and the discrepancy with numbers is on our list of things to look into in the future, but obviously we need to concentrate on the larger site issues/improvements at the moment.

2 Likes

I have no idea what has been going on with folksy, but I’ve had two shops on here for years. I’ve been unwell for quite a while and haven’t been in my shops recently, so I decided that today I would list a few items, great, got into one shop and listed items, but went into my other shop only to find that I had apparently run out of stock! I’ve sent a message to folky this morning, no reply as yet. Does anyone know what’s going on? Thanks all. x

1 Like

Thanks Kim - yes, I definitely prefer the new error message.

I’ve pretty much got used to needing to keep to around 1465 “ish” characters now, it just catches me out every now and then because I can never remember what that number is and it can make adding items a bit of a pain sometimes when you have to keep tweaking to get it to work!

Once you’ve got the other issues sorted it would be brilliant if you could come back to it though, and just change the wording so that it gives a nearer figure of what is actually allowed. (There’d be a bit less swearing under my breath then :rofl:)

Thank you!

Hi June, sorry to hear you’ve been poorly, hope you’re feeling better now. Sorry if you’ve already checked, but could it be that all the listings expired while you were away? If so you should just be able to renew them from the expired tab. If not then no clue sorry, you might need to wait for support to come back to you! x

Spoke too soon - my shop is unavailable again

This is so frustrating - I’m in the process of completely changing my shop and I can’t get into it to do it. I don’t understand because I can get into it on my husband’s iPad but all of my photos are on mine and there’s hundreds so I need to be able to use my iPad to make the changes. Any ideas folks?

I’m on an iMac using Safari and I’m getting this as the homepage.

This is my shop page:

All seems fine on my iPad though :blush:

2 Likes

Hi Martine,

Do you both use Safari to browse the web on your iPads? I find somethings don’t always work as well on Safari as they do on Google Chrome for example (usually when I’m trying to upload little man’s homework!). Also do you have the same privacy settings on your iPad as your husband does?

Hope you solve it soon,

Cheers Lou

Me too again on my phone (haven’t tried my laptop!) managed to sign in and see my dashboard and shop in a fashion, but I really hope it sorts itself out soon! :smirk:

1 Like

I was having this on my phone (iPhone X) I cleared the cache in settings and it sorted it out

1 Like

Try clearing cache

1 Like

Clearing cache has helped others

Thank you will try that.:blush: