Garden Wildlife-What have you got living in your garden?

Oh yeah-and that’s what I would call my ravens, if I had some :wink:

1 Like

Some things just have to be done!

I was mentioning amphibians in my earlier post on this thread-Well it’s a poor year if I don’t find some mating toads in my garden!

I’ve moved these two to the local pond now.

Love Sam x

6 Likes

Thank you Samantha :slight_smile: Toby woke up a couple of days ago, here is a couple of pictures of him in the sun (one with Dumpling too)!

4 Likes

2 chickens rescued!

7 Likes

as well as the other foxes and the badgers that are currently enjoying some sandwiches, we also have buzzards and unfortunately also a sparrowhawk who caught a pigeon last week. I know it is nature but is still quite distressing to see ANY animal hurt or killed…
Lovely pics from everyone.

1 Like

Aw! Bless them both. I love the way tortoises always seem so chilled out :smile:

Love Sam x

1 Like

They look lovely! :smile:

Love Sam x

Just took this yesterday! I was really pleased to get it just before it flew away.

5 Likes

what kind of butterfly is that?

your robin must be clever my robin doesnt use feeders!

Its a peacock butterfly Diane - I have some basking in my garden at present.
(my robin doesn’t bother with feeders either he waits for me to do some gardening and then hoovers up the grubs/ insects after me, if I’m feeling nice I leave them in a small pile for him)
Sasha

1 Like

most of my visitors are sparrows and starlings with occasional sighting of a wren , blackbirds and a robin who keeps getting into my greenhouse. I have had a woodpecker feeding on my nuts and have noticed today a pair of bluetits eyeing up my birdbox. So fingers crossed they will nest.
I have field mice in my hut, havent seen them but I know they are there!
Mr Fox does his rounds in the evening just to check on my 2pet rabbits! A cat sometimes visits but is not encouraged by my dog! Magpies and crows or are they ravens sometimes appear. I hear them thumping on my bedroom roof in the morning. when the birds are hungry or feeding young I will maybe get siskins,greenfinches, coal tits and gold finches. Oh and 2 pretty doves!. and the dreaded sparrohawk

1 Like

I have a turtle.
He lives in my pond and was a tortoise when he was in the garden but I needed him in the water as I’m trying to create a route in and out of my pond for frogs and toads. :smile: .

3 Likes

Love watching all the birds in my garden, especially the goldfinches and long tailed tits that have been visiting recently.This week there have been many butterflies around, loving the sunshine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My favourite butterfly! :smile:

1 Like

He doesnt live in my my garden but pops in to “look” at my fish…dawn

We also have red kites flying over regularly,sometimes so low you can see their eyes…This is a delightful thread

4 Likes

does he eat the fish!

does your rabbit not dig holes in the grass? I have had to put mines in a dog run as they would escape from their run on the grass. I didnt mind the holes too much I was worried they would escape and Mrs Cat or Mr Fox would get them.

He would if i didnt chase him off with a tea towel. I wasnt brave enough to shoo him off with my hands, he was a big one especially 3 feet away from me

3 Likes