Help! What colour accessories?

I am in need of some help and would like to ask if anyone can advise me on the colour of fascinator, bag and shoes that would go with my MOB outfit, I think I am totally stumped and really could do with some help please!
The outfit is aqua with a rose detail, the roses are almost metallic but not if that makes sense, and they are a kind of bronze/old gold colour.
I don’t know if I should go with the colour of the roses or if I should bring in a completely different colour that would complement the outfit.
What colour would you team up with this outfit?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it was me I would try to go with the colour of the roses or maybe a paler version of the main colour, however I’m no fashion expert so others might have better ideas for a contrast colour (it’s a lot easier when I’m working out colour combinations for cards and can just shuffle paper around until I’m happy :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Gorgeous outfit Debbs, I think I would go with bronze or old gold for the accessories but perhaps a little darker than on the outfit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Dark teal :blush:

1 Like

Dark aqua with accents of aqua and old gold. Just make sure what ever you choose is big enough for a plentiful supply of tissues (and, if you don’t mind sharing, report back after the big day with a photo).
Good luck with the handbag hunt.
Sasha

1 Like

Rose Gold-all the way! This has been a very hot fashion colour for the last couple of years. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is exactly what the designers of this dress had intended. There are lots of rose gold coloured leather and faux leather handbags and shoes about and you can mix it up with nude pink as a neutral. Let the eau de nil/turquoise colour shine. If you add darker or brighter greens and blues to the mix you will make the colour of the dress fabric look correspondingly lighter or duller, and I wouldn’t want that!

Sam x

2 Likes

You are all being so helpful, Thank you!

I have found out that the actual colour of the roses is “muted gold”!

Love the idea of rose gold, I was thinking blush pinks and nudes too!
Perhaps I can mix all these somehow!? :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes I agree, Thank you!
I now know that the roses are muted gold although they do not look it in the photo! x

2 Likes

Yeah-I think you could use several tones of the same blushy shades and they would work well together because they count as neutrals. I think your ensemble will be fabulous, darling! Careful, or you will outshine the bride tho’! :wedding:

Sam!

1 Like

Ha ha, I could never do that! lol

Thanks I have picked up some really good colour ideas today!

I make hair accessories so I should just get on with it but I don’t have the time to start making myself something, way too many other important things to be making! I still have all the button holes, wrist corsages, table centre pieces etc to do as well lol :smiley:

1 Like

If there is someone on folksy who makes handbags and you like their style you could always contact them and find out if they could make you a bag to go with the outfit. If you send them fabric or card swatches from your stash that match the outfit they could then make suggestions on what colours to put with it.

1 Like

I haven’t a clue about accessories but want to say your outfit is stunning! Hope you have a wonderful day xxx

1 Like

Thank you so much, it took me ages to find something and then when I put this on my daughter loved it and when my husbands chin about hit the floor I knew it was the one! :smiley:

2 Likes