How does the facebook link work?

Hi! I’m sorta new to folksy, i’ve been trying to work out how the little links for facebook, pinterest etc on each listing work, but i can’t work out how the facebook one works? When i click it the counter goes up by one, should i have put a link or something for facebook somewhere? Huge thank’s xx

… if only someone knew, been wanting to know the answer to this for ages. Any clues @folksycontent, @dougfolksy!

1 Like

I just click it and a pop-up window appears asking me to log into my FB account. Presumably if you are already logged into FB it posts something to your timeline - have you gone and had a look?

Just tried this. I don’t see anything on my timeline, but if I click on ‘Show Activity Log’ there’s an entry in there.

oh, ok, thankyou. is it on your personal facebook page?

Yes, nothing appears on my timeline but presumable others can see that I have liked something.

1 Like

It should share that product on your Facebook page but it looks like there’s a problem with it. We’re investigating now and I’ll let you know what we find. Thanks for flagging this up.

3 Likes

I see there is now a share button which I don’t think was there before - might have to give it a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I noticed the new share button too - it works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I must try it out :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the share button, will save a lot of time.

2 Likes

I went back and tried it and guess what… ot works now! Cool!!

1 Like

Hurray! Glad it’s working now. We have added a new share button so let us know how that goes and if it works easily for you.

1 Like

Thanks @folksycontent. Just tested the Share button and was delighted to find I could choose to put it on my Joysofglass page instead of just my personal page.

Oh meant to link to my picture on Facebook but of course it’s the one from here. Next mind. It’s on here : https://www.facebook.com/JOYSOFGLASS/

2 Likes

I’ve had a play with this new feature too, I’ve been able to link a shop item to my personal timeline, I’ve done one to my Handcrafted by Picto facebook page and I’ve done a third one to the facebook folksy group page :slight_smile: It’s a great new feature and I’m sure it will encourage peeps to share, not only our own items, but also other peoples great finds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried it from my phone and it only seems to let me use the share button to my own FB page and not to any groups…
I looked at the drop down menu but groups don’t appear.
Can I only share to the FB groups using the new share button from a computer?

When I use my phone I have very limited business page faciliites - have to go in via Pages Manager so certainly wouldn’t expect this share button to work for that.

It seems Facebook always has more limited features when you share anything on mobile, sadly. I’m not sure we can do anything about that at the moment sadly, as it seems to be a Facebook thing. I tend to use my desktop computer when sharing on Facebook so it goes on the right page and I don’t accidentally spam the Folksy Facebook page with pictures of my children’s drawings and recipes for Danish pastries :grimacing:

3 Likes

I often post via my phone but as soon as I get to the laptop I edit it to add tags etc

I don’t think we’d mind the recipies for Danish Pastries!

1 Like

nor the children’s drawings :slight_smile:

1 Like