I've dipped my toes in the folksy pond

google+ is so so easy and it raises your profile in google searches.

Everytime I list a new item I copy the url over to google+

I’ve joined a few of the groups over there. My posts get +1 and shared all the time and I get some lovely comments. I find it so much easier than any other social media sites and get far more fed back than with any other social media site.

I have far more people following me on Google+ than I do on facebook and twitter combined.

1 Like

Look around at editing software for photos - even on a dull day you can improve you pictures . I use Picmonkey and Fotofuze. Here’s a before and after with Fotofuze.

Before

and as it is on my listing

I cannot stress enough how important photos are to selling online!

1 Like

Hi Everyone, Me again. I still have a long way to go esp’ with pictures but I wonder if you would cast your expert eyes over my new shop banner and tell me what you think. Am I on the right track?

Mandi xx

1 Like

Hi Mandi @mandielliottwilson i :heart: your banner and yes it goes with your shop items of which are so sweet :smile:

1 Like

Have to agree with @WittyDawn photo’s have to be so good. And trying to get the item centred too! I know mine are not perfect, but I have come a long way.

1 Like

Photos are my nightmare but I’ve asked santa for a light box this year. I intend to overhaul my shop in the new year and hopefully I’ll master the art of taking better photos. I’ve been practising banner making this morning and now I know what I’m doing I’ll give that an overhaul too in the new year. Quite excited by the challenge lol. Thanks for looking. Xx

Hi Mandi

Your bears and prints are lovely but you have only used some of the 140 characters available on the banner, I think you should make the point that your things are handmade , it may also be worth making this point in the Buying from me section. Perhaps a First bear maybe a market you could look at .

all the best

Mel

1 Like

Hi Mel. Thank you so much for that. I had no idea how many characters I coukd use. My new year resolution is to rework my shop and make it much more professional looking. The pictures are rubbish and I don’t believe they do my crafts justice. Outside of folksy in the real world I don’t stuggle to sell my bears and I have orders up to next christmas. However I’ve only had two sales on folksy so I’ve come to the conclusion it’s down to my marketing. I’m working on new stock now and if santa brings me what I’ve asked for hopefully better photos will follow. I also think I need to look at my titles and discriptions too. I’ll keep posting on here for everyone’s feed back. You guys have so much more experience than I do so for me your opinions matter. I only wish I’d asked for your help sooner.

Love mandi.

Ps what’s a first bear?

1 Like

Hi Mandi
A first bear in my view is the one given to a newborn child and handmade would be extra special .

1 Like

Oh yes I do them. My guardian angel bears. They come with a poem and a birth certificate. The bear shares the name and dob with the baby. The poem says to leave the bear on a shelf until the child is older etc. Actually they are my best sellers. Thanks again. Xx

1 Like