January 2019 Art Chat Thread

Graham that is amazing…not just because it is a good painting but because it show movement and a horse with attitude…love it !

1 Like

Your pride is completely justified, Graham. It’s a very good painting.

1 Like

Lots of spirit in this painting, no wonder you are proud of it.

1 Like

morning all…today I have a snowscene (the only place where I like snow !)
https://folksy.com/items/7230960-original-art-painting-landscape-snowscene-ref-f-656-

4 Likes

Good morning all, I’ve not been around much for the last few months, lots going on, I love looking through the art thread but haven’t contributed for a while, most of my craft and art stuff has been in storage for a while but I’m hoping to start up doing more again.
I’m loving the art shown on this thread, there is such a lovely range of things and I’m looking forward to seeing more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My latest watercolour, a view of Summerleaze Beach in Bude.

6 Likes

To cheer us all up - thoughts of Spring. (from artmagic)

5 Likes

welcome back Jan…
great flowers Muranomagic

1 Like

today I have an aceo
https://folksy.com/items/7231466-original-art-watercolour-landscape-ref-F-657-

1 Like

I found a painting I did a couple of years ago, put it in a book to ‘flatten it out’ and forgot all about it. Here boy!

4 Likes

Morning everyone. Some beautiful paintings. Graham your horse painting is amazing - you have really portrayed the character of the horse!
I love your spring flowers @muranomagic Just what we need to see at the moment. I have been working on some tulips, but struggling to find the right collage paper! Hope to finish it soon!
Have a good weekend.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

Great work everyone, loving the snowscene Brenda we had snow a couple of days ago, not sure whether we are supposed to being having more.

Your Cornish painting are wonderful Chris @ChrisStoneArtist I love that place, unfortunately haven’t been down there for a couple of years.

Lovely Spring flowers @Muranomagic we could do with something bright and cheerful.

Great when you find some work that you’ve forgotton about, great painting too. @GKWatercolourArt

I’ve just finished some little tulips, hope to get around to listing them. @InkyBird

This is my miniature fairy and my new bunny Easter card design;

5 Likes

That must have been a nice suprise, Graham! He’s a very cute chap…

2 Likes

Snowed In, watercolour on hot pressed paper. Have a good weekend everyone.

2 Likes

I love this Sara,

2 Likes

just lovely, I can almost feel the sand beneath my toes !

2 Likes

A really dramatic image , love it

1 Like

What a great surprise to find! I’ve forgotten flattening things for about a week, but never years :laughing:

2 Likes

I put things in or underneath heavy books and have often forgotten them…I am still looking in case there are a few £20 notes ha ha.
Every now and then I try to do a stock take…not sure HOW everything gets lost because I catalogue and number everything. However , on the dark side , I had a hand painted greetings card about to delist, so I needed to give it a new number and move it to the “Unlisted” box.
Can I find it???..no chance…good job it didn’t sell because I have hunted everywhere…sigh…
time to do some painting…#great work everyone x

2 Likes

Question…
How has your art changed over the years?
When I was at school I drew everything first…pencil, charcoal etc…I wasn’t able to paint until everything was drawn and then when I painted it I ruined it. I loved to draw portraits and people more than anything else but everything was drawn…I was hopeless at colour. Throughout my life, it was drawing…I spent many years as a psychic artist, drawing our dear departed loved ones…doo doo doooooo doo…
It was only when about 12 years ago a friend showed me some landscapes that I decided to have a go…but I hate landscapes and even more , I hate green…ha ha…However this seemed to be what people liked…and NOW, I NEVER draw first, I just put on the paint and see where it goes…that is apart from my cartoons which I have to draw first…So NOW, I am as far removed from my first artistic efforts as anyone can get.
I would love to be able to do some abstracts but I am hopeless at those…maybe in 50 years time I will be good at them (ha ha.,I;ll be 122)
So tell me…has your art changed?

1 Like