June Jetsetters Daily Listing Challenge Thread. 1st to 30th June 2015

I’ve notice a huge drop this weekend Max, facebook cant make it’s mind up if it want to share or hide us lol

I’ve given up looking at stats on FB, here and the other side. I get very little interaction on my FB page despite having nearly 2000 likes, although to be fair I don’t post there as much as I used to. I join in these forums and the FB group pages as I prefer seeing other peoples goodies and joining in the general chat rather than just trying to push my own things - probably not going to bring in sales but at least i’m enjoying it!

As long as you enjoy it Roz you have to go with it.
I try to spread myself round a bit commenting and liking on other pages but i also make sure i post 1 item a day on my FB business page, it’s kind of like a landing strip lol, i have noticed though if i don’t post something for a few days it’s hard work getting noticed again.

Good morning

all loved and tweeted

also my one day sale
£2 off

https://folksy.com/items/6680076-Scottie-Dog-Mosaic-Key-Ring-Purple-beads-Little-dog-Key-ring-Handbag-Charm-

Good morning.

On facebook I share my page posts in quite a few knitting and handmade groups and it really helps my reach. I had one post a few weeks ago which was a photo of a WIP and it has a reach of 5.6K and yet I only have 941 likes. Generally my shared posts reach 100-500 people but the posts I don’t share (that aren’t relevant to any of the groups) reach around 20-40. I’ve had 13 sales this month and 11 of them have come through facebook groups. I also use hastags on posts just like you do twitter including #newonfolksy. Not sure if hashtags actually help but it can’t do any harm.

https://folksy.com/items/4235630-100g-Robin-DK-knitting-yarn-wool-046-Pink-knitting-wool

Carol x

1 Like

Carol @Knittingtopia - you seem to have this Facebook/twitter business sorted. I’m just not organised enough - perhaps I should write a schedule of when, where and what to post and follow that!

Hiya all!
Hope you’re enjoying the weekend
Not read today’s yet but here’s my new listing
Have you had enough cake yet??:wink:

Catch up later steph xx

Thank you for the welcome :slight_smile: It’s great to see so many familiar names on all the social platforms. I recogonise quite a few from pinterest, twitter, facebook groups etc. And I agree, @Knittingtopia does seem to have it sorted!

It’s a relist for me, hope that’s ok! These are my cute little sandals, which I thought were quite appropriate what with the warm weather and all!

@Dawitchi I love that hat!

1 Like

Hi everyone. Welcome Sophie @SophiesHandmadeBabyBoutique - hope you enjoy being part of this thread.
Sorry I didn’r get back yesterday. Didn’t leave the allotment until it was almost dark. 3.5kg of gooseberries and over 6kg of strawberries as well as a smattering of raspberries - takes some picking! Had a bad night too as my youngest son has come down with some sort of vomiting bug, poor soul. Had to change his entire bedding twice last night - oh and me. Still unwell today. Really nasty bug. :worried:

This morning my sons project this term is the Anglo Saxons, so today we have made Anglo Saxon style rye bread - REALLY NICE!!! Trying not to eat it all as he wants to take some into school to share with his class.

Got a couple of bracelets to show you today. Listed them a while ago but haven’t shown you yet.

Going to see if I can make some new pieces as I seem to have a quiet moment.

Jacqueline x

For twitter I use round team https://roundteam.co/ (only the free version) and I have it set up to automatically retweet any tweets which contain the #newonfolksy and #handmade hashtags but it will only retweet people I follow (I think I have you all!) Also I use hootsuite to schedule my tweets (remember to add a photo as this gets more engagement!) https://hootsuite.com/dashboard I try to just ‘chat’ too but this doesn’t always happen!

On facebook I have only found my reach improve since sharing in the various groups. Rather than make a new post in each group, just share your original post from your page like I have here in the Folksy shop group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1481471495437850/search/?query=carol%20pocknall There are over 600 members so your post could potentially reach all of them!

I wouldn’t say I have the answers but I seem to be doing ok currently :smile:

Maxine @paperchainsandbeads could we possible have a networking post in the group? I have done them in other groups and they seem to work. Everybody posts a link to their facebook page in the comments under the networking post and we all like or comment on the most recent post on everyones pages. This is not a like my page, i’ll like yours as liking pages you don’t interact with damages reach. You like the actual post and only like the page if you really do. The post does need to be stopped after 24 hrs though (admin usually just posts STOP in the comments and edits the original post to say post closed) and they run these posts every week or so.

Carol x

3 Likes

Hello all, bit of catching up to do!

Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign, you are certainly having a mixed weekend. All that fruits sounds yummy, my gooseberries are still a couple of weeks away yet.

Thanks for sharing your F and Twitter experiences Carol @Knittingtopia, not sure if I’ll ever have enough time to be socially active and get all my sewing done!

Here’s my new item for today:

1 Like

With listing and promoting I spend around an hour a day on the pc unless like today I’m just generally wondering about the networking sites.

Sounds good to me Carol @Knittingtopia, I’ll start ine this evening an drun until tomorrow, Sunday early evening seems to be a good time just after dinner :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Afternoon everyone.
Just half priced my last little grey elephants purse
https://folksy.com/items/6671174-HALF-PRICE-Little-Grey-Elephants-Coin-Purse
Valerie x

1 Like

Had to pick the gooseberries as they were starting to drop and the wasps were being a little too interested! Most of the gooseberries are huge and I can’t wait for tea tonight as we are having home made gooseberry crumble for pud!

Jacqueline x

4 Likes

Jacqueline I’m jealous. sounds lovely gooseberry crumble. Making me hungry thinking about it

1 Like

Afternoon June jet setters,
Lots to catch up on here, a new listing :smile:

1 Like

Sounds a great idea, Sundays are the best days for me to network so count me in please Max @paperchainsandbeads

One for the tally please Donna @ShropshireNaturalProducts