My Hand and Depuytren's Disease

Really sorry to hear of your troubles and hope you get a good result from treatment. Your designs and work are so good that I would have had no idea. Hope you are able to continue for a long time to come.

1 Like

It sounds really painful, not to mention frustrating for you. Hope the treatment goes well xx

1 Like

Hope your treatment goes well xx

1 Like

Sorry to here about this Joy, hope your treatment goes well so you can get on with making your lovely glass creations.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry you are having this trouble and will of course keep my fingers crossed that all goes well for you and that you are soon back to your creative work. (PS: One of your stegosaurus suncatchers is looking very striking in our kitchen window).

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this, Joy. I hope and pray that the treatment will be a total success and you will soon be making more lovely items - in comfort. Do keep us posted.

1 Like

Hope your treatment goes well

So sorry to hear this Joy. Iā€™ll be keeping everything crossed that the treatment goes well for you and you will be back to making lots more of your beautiful pieces (pain free) soon :heart:

Well I can still make a few pieces, managed two today just slower as I have to find new ways of holding things. Silly right thumb obviously needs retraining. Iā€™ll work on it over the weekend as weā€™re off to York (in the rain). Have a lovely weekend everyone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thinking of you and hoping that you get relief from your treatments.
Maureen x

1 Like

Oh heck how frustrating, all the best with the radiotherapy.

1 Like

Hope you have a nice day in York, unfortunately itā€™s cold and rainy (and we have the Tour de Yorkshire cycle race coming today too :disappointed: )

Thanks Diane
Iā€™ve packed waterproofs, vests, sweaters, boots, socksā€¦
Cycle race - oops didnā€™t know about that. Weā€™re staying at York Rugby club on a caravan rally site.

xx

1 Like

Itā€™s not in York itself but if you goggle Tour de Yorkshire Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find a map that will tell you if the route is going along any roads you need to be on. Itā€™s Beverley to Settle today and going through our village about 1pm (it even passes the end of my street so if the weather doesnā€™t improve I can stay inside until theyā€™re nearly here :slight_smile: )

Thanks Diane. Weā€™ll look out for it. We have sunshine at the moment but itā€™s brrrrrr freezing which means my bad fingers feel like ice blocks. Off to find my gloves to add to the warm clothing pile. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Joy
my sypathies for your DD as I have it too. I have no contracture and had radiotherapy about 2 years ago which was not really very successful for me. I had more nodules that appeared after the RT treatment and my hands are now very dry. However I know it can be very successful in some cases.
My sanity was saved by a wonderful massage therapist with a special interest in Duputrens and I have monthly treatments from him. My nodules and one small chord softened and my hands responded really well to his treatment generally. The best thing is I stopped obsessing about my hands and I can now just get on with my pottery again, knowing that I have this crazy disease under control!
Good luck with your treatment and if you are London based I can let you have the details of my massage therapist.
Best wishes
Anthea Ceramics

Anthea Thanks very much. Iā€™m not in London, Staffordshire. My problem at the moment is that it is rather badly affecting my thumb, and first two fingers which is compromising my grip. Ok for big things but little pieces of glass are tricky / impossible . Iā€™m hopeful of an improvement. Time will tell. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Iā€™ll certainly look for a massage therapist is I need later, thanks for that.

Hi Joy
The massage therapist is very happy to send his massage protocol to a good therapist in your area if you know of one. Anyway you can look at his website which is www.ealingmassagetherapy.co.uk.
All very best
Anthea

Anthea Thanks very much. Iā€™ve made a note. xx

Hi Joy
My father had this condition and must have found it very frustrating because he was an engineer who just loved making and mending things. He never complained though. Did you know that itā€™s a Viking genetic marker? Interesting, but not very helpful!