My wood burner door handle gets too hot

I don’t want a kitchen oven glove but I would like a small padded square that will protect my hand when I am opening my wood burners door. Does anyone make such a thing.
Thank you Rachel

Hi Rachel,
I have made some fabric potholders before, I think they might be suitable for what you want. I could make one for you, Sorry I haven’t any photos of them to show you though.
Julie :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pot holders - I knew they had a name :smiley: Thank you for getting back to me. I was hoping to see some in someone’s shop so that I could choose the fabric.

lol! no problem :slight_smile: there are some pretty crochet ones on here if you type in potholders, I hope you find what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even though I haven’t any pot holders premade, if you have a look at my shop I’ve got more fabric of pretty much everything I’ve got posted, so if you see a fabric on another item that you like I can probably make you a pot holder out of the fabric. I’ve got insulated batting that I use in my cup cosies, but is also what you find in potholders / oven gloves, etc.

I know exactly what you mean though - I grew up with a wood stove as one of the main sources of heat and my parents always had a pot holder nearby specifically for the handle!

1 Like

Thank you Saskia, I rather like the red of this item if you have any left?

Thank you

Hi Rachel
If you Google heat resistant gloves you will find lots of choice right upto the high heat ones firefighters use.
Mel

1 Like

I think I do! Can have a rummage after kids’ bedtimes. I presume you’d want a square shape? Any specific size or just big enough for a hand?

Yes I do - the red with the white stars in dotty circles (main fabric of bag)?

If you’re still interested I can make you one for £5 with 1.50 pp. Let me know, and I can put a listing on that’s reserved for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you that will be great :smiley:

Fantastic! I’ll put up a listing for you tomorrow and put the link on here. :smiley:

1 Like

Here it is! If there’s anything else you need re the specs just let me know (that’s my shadow on the fabric there - rubbish photo taken quickly last night).

1 Like