New 'About Me' section!

Done it. Copied my old meet the maker and tidied it a bit and then found a photo. As I’m not at home I have limited photos with me so what you see is what you get and eeerr. it’s about 6 years old so I’m looking very sprightly.
Note nothing shows, none of the text. until you add a photo.

1 Like

I can’t do mine either :frowning: I filled it all in but am only getting the “sorry something went wrong” page :expressionless:
Oops I meant that to be a reply to Camilla @folksycontent :grinning:

I’m not even getting the ‘something went wrong page’ - there’s no About link at the top and no photo/details at the bottom :thinking: I’ve added both photo and filled in all text boxes and click update - but nada!

Hi - I can see your new section and about button so I think working now :slight_smile:

Thanks Sally - I can see it too now :smiley: I’m not sure I like how it looks. The title is left justified and the photo and text sit to the right, while my listings above all sit in the centre - then there’s a great white, empty space on the left. I suspect this is because is biased towards viewing on a tablet or phone, rather than a desktop machine.

Doug is having a look now to see what the problem is

1 Like

@Xcaliber and @RedDragonDesigns
Would you mind if I tried to populate the data for your shops myself?
I’ll just use some test data to see if I can replicate the error – I’ll remove it again once I’m done.

Hi Doug. Yes that’s ok with me.

Hmm. That worked fine: https://folksy.com/shops/Xcaliber
Are you able to go to edit the about section, here?
Let me know if not, and I’ll remove the test picture and text I put in, and we can try to figure out why.
And thanks very much for letting me experiment on your shop!

Hi Sue. I think adding some kind of product info anywhere is a good idea for maximum search optimisation. ‘Sue Trevor Textiles’ would do that. Hope you don’t mind me butting in! Lovely stuff by the way!

That seems to have worked, it’s given me an ‘about’ button at the top and is showing at the bottom of the page. I’ve just changed the photo, (I probably need to find a better one). I’ll go and try to change the text now.

I’ve done mine, rather large picture, but it will have to do for now it’s the only one I have , it was a greasy hair/shed day :smile: …but just shows the dedication I guess :wink:

Thanks for checking that.
I wonder if that was one of our web workers temporarily misbehaving when you were trying to update your settings, last night.
Hmm.
Thanks very much, again!
How is it looking for you, @RedDragonDesigns?

it’s really nice to see peoples about page, it’s a bit more obvious than the meet the maker bit, so I’ve been peaking at them all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Doug. Done it! It probably needs a bit of tweaking but at least it’s there now. Thanks for chasing the gremlins away! x

Just done mine

The pic is quote large thoug in the about section. Will change it as I look larger than life in it.

Am loving all the new work the folksy team have been doing.

Maybe I’ll have more sales now :blush:

2 Likes

Aggghhh how do I make the photo smaller, I look like a monster eck

@DetolaAndGeek @TreetopArt :smile: …yes mine has come up a bit large too, I wold prefer one of me at work but the space is rather small , so I may have to leave it for now.

2 Likes

Sorry Doug @dougfolksy I’ve only just seen your messages. I’m afraid it’s still not working for me. I’m trying from my iPad if that makes any difference. I will try again from my laptop, but in the meantime feel free to use my shop for experimenting :slight_smile:

Maybe try making the image less tall, if that makes sense, Sharon and @WashedandFound?
Keep it 700 pixels wide but maybe 400 pixels high? Landscape pictures tend to work a bit better here.

1 Like