Plastic-free (or compostable) Valentine Cards - add your suggestions!

We’re putting together a gift guide featuring Valentine’s Day cards that are either sent naked (ie no cello wrap) or in compostable alternatives. If your cards fit, could you:

1. Make sure it says they come in plastic-free wrapping in the listing
  2. Add a link to them here.

Thank you!

This is where you’ll be able to find them Folksy - Plastic-Free Valentine's Day Cards on Folksy

All my card come in compostable cello bags here are a few of my love themed ones.

1 Like

Also that reminded me to add these mini embroidery ones out of my draft listing section, the embroideries can be taken out of the card and framed for permanent display also in compostable cello bags.

1 Like

My cards are all sent in bio-based film bags that are compostable, biodegradable and recyclable. They are shipped in cardboard envelopes or boxes that are recycled and recyclable and fastened with paper tape.

Here are some Valentine cards -

2 Likes
1 Like

All my cards are plastic free and made from recycled material. They are packaged in a little brown paper bag with recycled paper packaging and paper tape for posting.

Here are two of my Valentine’s cards …

1 Like

Biodegradable cello Bags, and Recyclable Cardboard between a Recyclable Envelope, to keep Cards safe in transit

SallyAnn

1 Like

Another one, the same as above; biodegradable cello bag etc.,

1 Like

Another new Valentine’s card from me;
Valentine's Card Red Rose - Folksy

1 Like

Incentive to get round to switching some more of my card listings to recycled card and compostable bags.

1 Like

A cat lover’s dream; recycled outer envelope, with my own cardboard between the card to keep it safe in transit, plus biodegradeable cello bags;

1 Like

Same Dog and Cat Valentine’s Card, but they are both looking at Venus (the Planet of Love)

Beautiful Card Tina xxxxx

Mine are in compostable clear bags & are with recycled envelopes, making processes are sustainable with virtually zero waste, P&P is recycled & plastic free.

Thanks SallyAnn :slight_smile:

All my cards are plastic free and they are often made using recycled items I "heart" u, blank card. - Folksy

Hand decorated Valentine card sent plastic free.

Valentine card original painted sent plastic free design No 102

Hand painted Valentine card sent plastic free Design no 103

Sorry if this question is in the wrong place but I was wondering if by plastic free you are just referring to the packaging because some of my cards may include small embellishments which would make them not plastic free. If the entire card has to be plastic free then what if some cards are and some aren’t -does that matter or is the shop being promoted as plastic free? Finally is Folksy only showcasing plastic-free cards now in gift guides as I can’t find anywhere else to promote cards other than here? Thank you.